Edraw Support Center
Get quick answers and step-by-step instructions in our support center.
Fill refers to the interior of a shape. You can change topic fill colors in the following steps:
- Select a topic.
- Click on Format icon to open Format panel on the right sidebar.
- On Format panel, click Fill button to choose your desired color to fill the selected shape.
- Or you can apply colors on the quick color bar at the bottom of the canvas.
To make a shape colorless, or to remove fill from a shape, you can choose No Fill option.
Theme Fill Colors
The top section of Fill colors is Theme Fill Colors. Theme fill colors are the predefined color sets for the current themes.
To change colors that aren’t in theme colors or standard colors, click More Colors and in the pop-up window, you can:
- Choose a color from the color swatch.
- Select a color from the color palette.
- Click Pick Screen Color to pick a color from the drawing page.
To change the transparency, you can move the Transparency slider, or enter a number in the box next to the slider. You can vary the % of transparency from 0 (fully opaque, the default setting) to 100% (fully transparent).
Click More Options... to find Gradient Fill option and add a gradient fill to a shape.
Gradient Type: To specify the direction when drawing your gradient fill, select an option from the list. The Type that you selected determines the available Direction.
Gradient Direction: To choose a different progression of colors and shades, click Direction, and then click your preferred option. The available Direction depend on Type that you have chosen.
Angle: To specify the angle of the gradient fill which is rotated within the shape, enter your preferred degree value. This option is available only when you have selected Linear as the Type.
Gradient Stops: It consists of position, color, and transparency values. The transparency value applies to the gradient stop instead of the overall fill. Gradient stops can create non-linear gradients. For example, if you want to create a gradient that goes from red, green to blue, you need to add three gradient stops — one for each color.
Alternatively, if you want to create a gradient that shows up only in a corner of a shape, you need to use gradient stops to make the non-linear gradient.
Stop position: To set the location for the color and transparency change in the gradient fill, please move the Stop position slider or enter a number in the box below the slider.
You can also fill a shape with a predefined pattern.
- Click More Options… on Fill drop-down menu.
- In the pop-up dialogue, click Pattern Fill.
- Choose a hatch from the predefined hatch gallery.
- Change the Front and Background color of the hatch.