1. What's the difference between the trial and full version of EdrawMax?
The trial version has all functions, except 3 limitations:
1) When you export or print the drawing, there will be a watermark.
2) The trial users are allowed to use the first 2 templates for each diagram type.
3) Trial users can create no more than 3 pages in a single document.
2. What's the difference between EdrawMax and EdrawMind?
1) Basic Difference: EdrawMax is an all-in-one drawing software dedicated to visualizing your ideas through a wide variety of diagrams. EdrawMax contains 280 types of diagram solutions, 1500 built-in templates, and 26,000+ symbols. The drag and drop functionality also makes it easy to draw any type of diagram. Users can draw mind maps with ready-made shapes in EdrawMax. EdrawMind is a full-featured mind mapping and brainstorming tool for Linux, Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and online. It offers both free and pro version. Users can easily create mind maps and brainstorm with EdrawMind. The 22 layout models, 33 theme styles and 700+ clip arts ensure mind map diversified. The traverse and full-screen features are specially designed for presentation. Users can also generate a Gantt Chart view based on the mind map. It supports to export & send files to graphics, MS Office, PDF, HTML, SVG, and MindManager.
2) Can EdrawMax Draw Mind Maps?: In EdrawMax, users can draw mind maps with the ready-made shapes, there are 7 layout models to choose from. Users can use the tools and symbols to create various mind maps manually.
3. What's the differences between EdrawMax and EdrawInfo?
1) Basic Difference: EdrawMax is capable of drawing more than 280+ diagrams, including flowcharts, network diagrams, org charts, mind maps, floor plans, Gantt charts, electrical schematics, P&IDs, UML diagrams, fashion designs, and certificates. EdrawInfo focuses on infographics and graphic designs, with 10000+ infographic icons and hundreds of elegant templates. Users can use it to create infographic, poster, flyer, leaflet, brochure, banner, card, timeline map and more other materials without professional design skills required.
2) Can EdrawMax Draw Infographics?: EdrawMax can also draw infographics, but the elements and templates are not as many as in EdrawInfo. EdrawInfo contains much more built-in elements and templates, and will continuously update new ones.
3) UI Difference: The UI of EdrawInfo is more comfortable for infographic design. And the quick colors, theme, texture fill, etc., are especially designed for infographics.
2. What's the differences between EdrawMax and other products like Edraw Flowchart, Edraw Org Chart, Edraw Network Diagram?
EdrawMax is an all-in-one diagramming solution that covers all the functions of Edraw Flowchart, Edraw Network, Edraw UML, Edraw P&ID, Edraw Floor Plan, etc. They have a similar UI and toolkits, so we call them EdrawMax Series products. All EdrawMax Series products have the same price, and the license codes are compatible. So no matter which product you buy in the EdrawMax Series products group, the license code can be used on one another. In a word, EdrawMax contains all these Edraw Series products.
You want to update to EdrawMax, please contact email@example.com for further information.
5. What's the difference between EdrawMax and Orgcharting?
1) Basic Difference: OrgCharting is professional organizational chart software for Windows and Mac. It is not only for visualizing company organizational structure, but also for workforce planning and management. With the data interactive, users can import employee data and generate the org chart automatically. Users can also choose the org chart view from the ready-made 19 views options, such as HR details org chart view, salary org chart view. OrgCharting provides OrgCharting 100/500/1000 for users to choose from.
2) Can EdrawMax Draw Org Charts?: Users can use the Organizational Chart feature to make org charts in EdrawMax. They can customize the org chart to any style. And for OrgCharting, it is popular among HR specialists users who need to manage organization org chart.
6. What's the difference between EdrawMax and EdrawProj?
To get a detailed comparison of the Gantt chart feature, please refer to Gantt Chart in EdrawMax, EdrawMind and EdrawProj.
7. How to activate with the license code?
1) Go to the edraw install folder.
2) Right-click EdrawMax.exe and choose the "Run As Administrator..." item in the right-click menu to open EdrawMax.
3) Switch to the Account window and lick the "Activate" button.
4) Fill in your license name and license code in the dialog and click Activate.
See more in How to Sign in to & Activate Edraw Software?
8. How many computers can I use with one license code?
An individual license code is for one user to activate on two computers. Generally, we consider one license for your home computer and another one for your work computer.
9. When I change computer, what should I do?
Please make sure your license code is in the maintenance valid date. To transfer computer, please deactivate your license code from the old computer or system first, then activate it on the new one. The "Deactivate" button is on the Account window.
If you do not find any "Deactivation" icon on your software, please send your license code and order information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Why it still shows " unlicensed version" after a correct and successful activation?
There are 3 reasons which might cause this issue, please check.
1) You don't have the right to write in C drive. Please uninstall Edraw from C: drive and install it in the D: drive, then use the "Run As Administrator" to open and activate the program.
2) This issue might also be caused by your local network firewall restriction. It's better to use manual activation, because through manual activation, it's activated from our server directly, which will not affected by your local network protection.
Manual Activation guide: Activate Edraw Software without Internet
3) Linux needs root privilege to run then activate.
11. In what condition you need to do a deactivation?
1) When you need to change computer.
2) When you need to re-install your computer system.
12. Can I activate Edraw without the internet access?
Yes. You can use manual activation which doesn't require internet access. Learn how to do a manual activation from: Activate Edraw Software without Internet.
13. What's the lifetime license?
Your original purchase of Edraw product is for lifetime use. Your license will not expire, and no annual subscription fees are required. Lifetime license also includes all future updates and version upgrades.
14. What's the perpetual license?
A perpetual license allows customers to use the licensed software indefinitely. For the first three years, the perpetual license also entitles the customer to download all updates and to receive technical support. After the three years period ends, customers can choose to remain with the last version downloaded or to purchase another three years Updates & Support package, for 30% of the license price. There are no penalties for letting Updates & Support lapse for a while before purchasing an update package.
15. What's the subscription license?
A subscription license allows customers to use the licensed software for one year, and entitles customers to download all updates to the software and to receive technical support within maintenance period. After the one year period ends, the software will be no longer functional unless a new renewal is purchased.
16. What's the difference between multi-user license and single user license?
Both of them can activate EdrawMax. The single user license can only be used by one user. With a wide site license (or multi-user license), you get a single license code that is good for all computers/users under a certain quantity you purchased.
17. How and when can I receive the license code after paid?
License code will be sent automatically within minutes to your order email. If you don't receive any email after payment, please send your order ID to email@example.com.
18. How to retrieve my license code if it's lost?
You can visit this web page to get back your license code.
19. Error message "This license code has expired."
Your license is expired to activate. You can renew your license in ourEdraw Products Renew & Upgrade Center. You can also upgrade your license to lifetime plan so that you get all the future upgrades for free instead of paying it every time.
20. Will it be possible to change the license email?
If user no longer uses his order email, he can apply to change order email by sending request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. Can I add additional license to the existing license code?
Yes. Please send the original license code and additional license quantity you need to email@example.com for more information.
22. I bought a Windows version, now I want to change license code to Mac version, is that possible? (Can the same license key be used on both Windows and Mac OS?)
A license code can be activated on Windows, MacOS and Linux.
23. How to upgrade EdrawMax to the latest version?
Users within the maintenance period can upgrade Edraw to the latest version. You can click the "Check for Updates" button on Help menu to upgrade, or download the latest version and cover the installation. Version 7.9 or under can only upgrade by the latter method.
24. When I upgrade EdrawMax to the latest version, can I still open my old files?
Yes, you can still open and edit your files with the lastest version of EdrawMax.
25. How to renew EdrawMax?
To renew EdrawMax, please go to Edraw Products Renew & Upgrade Center .
26. After the upgrade to EdrawMax V10.0, I can't find my Cloud files.
EdrawMax V10.0 is a non-login version. Users can find their Edraw Cloud files at this page. The Cloud feature will be added in the next release.