How to Use Gantt Chart View in a Mind Map - MindMaster Software
Open/Close the Gantt Chart View Panel
- There are two ways to open the Gantt Chart panel.
- Click Advanced in the menu bar and then click Gant Chart.
- Click Task Panel and then click the icon of Gantt chart view under Setting Task column.
- Click the above buttons again, you can close the Gantt chart view panel.
Set Gantt Chart Options
- To open the Gantt chart setting dialogue, you can use 1 of the two ways.
- Click Advanced in the menu bar and then click Gant Chart Option.
- Go to Task Panel on the right sidebar and then click the icon of Gantt Chart Options.
- Edit Gantt chart setting options from in the Gantt chart option dialogue.
- Select date format in drop-drag Date Format menu.
- Select working days for tasks.
- Select Major Unit and Minor Unit for fixing time coordinate.
- Adjust Start Time and Finish Time.
Modify task info in the view
Each task is presented as a task bar in the Gantt chart. You can move or drag the task bar to change its start and end date. You can also build task dependency on the Gantt view.
- Rename Task
Double click the cell in Task Name column to rename the task.
- Change Task Start and End Date
Drag the right border of the bar to change the bar length. Select and move the bar to change its position on the calendar.
Change Task Complete %
Put the cursor on the left border of the task bar, hold the mouse and drag to the right direction, and a green area will show up. This green area means how much the task has been completed.
Build Task Dependency
Click on a task bar, hold the mouse and drag it to another task bar, then a relationship will be created.
Change the Date Unit Size
Click the “+” and “-” button on the top right corner can change the date unit size.
Export Gantt chart
The export Gantt chart function will help you save the Gantt chart in PDF format, which is convenient for you to print or share the Gantt chart with others.
- Go to Advanced tab in the ribbon and click Export Gant Chart button.
- Type a name of your Gantt chart in the saving window.
- Click Save.