7 Best Floor Plan Software for Drawing Floor Plans (Free + Paid)
Are you also the one who is dreaming of building a new house and renovating the same one you are residing in? If it is the case, then you will need a good floor plan. We all need some kind of planning before starting our work. The same goes with building or renewing the house, and you need a lot of planning.
You will need a tight floor plan for your house. A floor plan is a drawing to measure the interior design in the architecture region and is a view from above. The floor plan shows us the relationship between the interior rooms, stairs, kitchen, and empty spaces in the house. Before starting building the house, we first make this floor plan. This floor is usually in two dimensions.
The floor plan, especially the 2D floor plan, always shows you the length and breadth of every wall, window, and house. This makes it very easy to build the house with the correct length. This feature of a floor plan saves us from a lot of problems.
Some decades back, the floor plan was done by hands-on paper. This takes a lot of time and resources. But now, computer softwares, with the help of the human hand, does this work. This saves a lot of time, and with the help of computer software, anyone can do the designing despite his professional background.
In this article, we will tell you the best free and paid softwares for floor planning.
Before choosing any software for floor planning, check if it contains the below features and then decides.
- Does this software provide you the measurement tools to measure each wall and window of the house? With the help of measurement, does this software provide you suggestions to help you with designing step-by-step?
- Does this software allow you to import your already made floor plans and modify them? Or does this software provide you with the ready-made templates so you can choose them and groom the floor plan more?
- The best floor planning software always contains the symbols for designing roofs efficiently because it is challenging to design a roof.
- Good floor planning software allows you to print your design in more than one format.
- Can you name your rooms in the floor plan with symbols or words?
- The best floor plan software allows you to know the height between the surface and ceiling of the floor.
- Does your software contain the options for choosing the design of your room, window, and doors?
If it contains the features mentioned earlier, then you go for it.
EdrawMax is the best free designing software that allows you to make flowcharts, organizational charts, mind maps, network diagrams, floor plans, workflow diagrams, business charts, and engineering diagrams efficiently. It is just a matter of drag and drop and scaling from the mouse.
EdrawMax is easy to use. The best thing about EdrawMax is that it is free to use. EdrawMax contains all the necessary tools for your floor planning. It also provides you templates and allows you to import your designs. The software contains all the libraries and features that you need in the floor planning. You can download this software from here.
- The software is entirely free to use.
- You can download your floor plan in different formats, including editable Word, Excel, PPT, PDF, Visio, and graphics.
- You can share your design on any social media site and on Microsoft Office tools too.
- The software contains all the necessary symbols and scale tools for your floor planning.
- The software keeps up your privacy.
- EdrawMax supports to auto-calculate the area of the space (the symbol) in floor plans.
The software pricing is US 99$/ year and a lifetime plan of US 245$, and a lifetime plan with a bundle of different software is US 312$.
All-in-One Diagram Software
- Superior file compatibility: Import and export drawings to various file formats, such as Visio
- Cross-platform supported (Windows, Mac, Linux, Web)
SketchUp allows you to floor plan efficiently with its three-dimensional features. This software is used for architectural purposes, interior design, landscape architecture, civil and mechanical engineering. You can also do film and video game designing with the help of SketchUp.
The software contains all the tools that will help you with your floor plan. The best thing about SketchUp is that you can view your floor plan in three dimensions. You can also print your design in different formats, plus you can import your designs too. The software consists of two versions. One is SketchUp Free which is a web-based application and completely free to use. And the other is SketchUp Pro which is a paid version.
- The software contains two versions, one is free, and the other is paid.
- The software provides you with all the 3D features necessary for your floor planning.
- You can import your design and can use pre-generated templates according to your house size.
- You can print in different formats and can easily share your designs.
- The software contains all libraries necessary for floor planning.
SketchUp Pro has a subscription of US 299$ per year.
FloorPlanner is developed explicitly for floor planning purposes. So, you can easily trust this software for your floor planning. This software contains all the necessary and luxurious tools for designing your floor plan. The software is so good that it provides you step by step guidance in your floor planning.
You can upload your design too and groom it more. The software works on multiple devices like tablets, PCs, etc. The best thing is that you don’t have to download it to use it as a web-based application. You just have to sign up and use it. You can transform your floor plan in 3D and 2D mode with just one click. The software is free for limited features, but you have to pay for advanced features if you want to use advanced features.
- The software is a web-based application.
- The software provides you all the necessary and luxurious tools to design your floor plan.
- The software gives you a step-by-step guide to designing your floor plan.
- You can run this software on multiple devices.
The software has the individual pricing of US 5$ and US 29$ per month. And the company pricing of US 59$, US 179$, and US 599$. All according to your needs.
HomeByMe is also a special software for home planning. It is also a web-based application. You don’t have to download it. It’s just a matter of signing up and starting your work. HomeByMe provides you all the necessary tools and features to make your floor planning the best. It provides you suggestions and allows you to take feedback from your loved ones and the designer community.
You are allowed to import your designs and start developing them more. The software provides you with furniture, wall, and ceiling designing too. Some of the features are free to use, but for more advanced features, you have to pay for them.
- The software is a web-based application.
- The software allows you to import your designs and use their templates.
- The software gives you furniture, wall, and ceiling suggestions.
- The software includes all necessary tools to accommodate you in floor planning.
The software has a pricing of US 29.40$ per month and has a one-time pack of US 19.47$.
Planner 5D is a free floor planning web-based software that is specifically designed for floor planning. Planner 5D contains a community of 68,676,577 amateur designers that you can also join and get feedback from them. The software gives you ideas according to your plan and shows you your floor plan in 3d and 2D dimensions.
You can also upload your floor plan and start updating it. The software is entirely free to use. You can use this software on your smartphones, tablets, and PCs too.
- The software is a web-based application, and you don’t have to download formalities.
- You can design your floor plan in 2D mode and convert it into 3D mode.
- The software allows you to edit color, patterns, and materials to produce new furniture, walls, windows, etc.
- The software also provides you its snapshot feature, which converts your floor plan into an actual image by adding shadows and lighting.
The software is free to use. You just have to do signup formality.
RoomSketcher is also specifically designed for floor planning, building design, office planning, real-estate purposes, etc. The software provides all necessary tools for floor planning and other architectural purposes. The software also allows you to order your floor plan design from their professionals.
The software is web-based, but you can also download the app on your tablets and smartphones. The software is not entirely free to use.
- The software allows you to order the professional floor plans from them on uploading your blueprint.
- You can design your floor plan in a 2D view and convert it into 3D form.
- The software also makes visible your floor plan in a 360-degree view.
- The software also provides a walkthrough feature that allows you to walk on your floor plan and analyze it.
The software is not entirely free to use. For some advanced features, you have to select their pricing option. The software has three subscription plans based on different plans and ideas of US 49$ per year, US 99$ per year, and price on request plan.
Lucidchart is not specifically designed for floor planning, but this web-based application also provides you floor planning services. LucidChart is a diagram-making software that can make any diagram related to different communities.
Lucidchart gives you all floor designing tools. The software is straightforward to use. You just have to drag and drop to make your floor plan. The application is also integrated with other applications too. You can also import your designs to groom them more, or you can simply use their templates and make your floor plan. The software also provides you many sharing options.
- The software provides you an easy user experience.
- The software contains dozens of object libraries and templates.
- You can collaborate with your teams during floor planning.
- The software can also integrate with other servers and applications.
- The software also enables you to connect your data to other applications to renew and produce your floor plan at run time.
Lucidchart has four pricing plans, and one is free to use. The other is the individual plan which is $95.40 per year. The second is the team plan of $108 per person per year, and the fourth is the enterprise plan of custom pricing.
Millennial buyers fancy seeking out a comprehensive representation of their house blueprint. It needs to provide a correct visualization of the interior and exterior spaces so that a home buyer can gauge an accurate image of how the end product will look like. A floor plan helps in giving the correct representation of the space in terms of its dimensions, fixtures as well as spatial relationships. Today we are going to take you through some of the best floor plan creator which can be used in office space planning, venue management planning, facility plant floor planning, and similar avenues.
So, which software should I use for my floor planning? The best answer is EdrawMax, which has all the features a good floor planner must-have. Plus, the software is free for some features, and when we talk about its pricing, EdrawMax is cheap compared to other softwares. The software has all the libraries and features necessary for your floor planning. It will be best to use EdrawMax for your floor planning purposes.