How to Make a Home Wiring Plan
Create a Home Wiring Plan Through Dragging and Dropping
Creating a homewiringplanisallaboutdragginganddroppingready-madesymbols.Fromthesymbollibraryontheleft,choosethesymbolyouneed,dragthesymbolandplaceonadesiredlocation.Nodrawingandnolearningcurve.Anyonecandoitevenit's their first time to draw.
Extensive Symbols for Making Home Wiring Plan
The standard home wiring symbol set is readily available for any home wiring design. The built-in symbol libraries include the most common symbols for making home wiring plan, such as lightings, switches, sockets, and some special appliances such as ceiling fan, door bell, smoke detector, monitor, and alarm. Other than that, from the Wall, Shell and Structure library, you have all necessary symbols for a basic floor plan.
Home Wiring Symbols
Don't worry if the libraries miss out some special symbols. Another function of this software is to create custom symbols. Under the Symbol tab, you can use Pen tool or the basic shapes to create any tailored symbol.
1. Start a Wiring Plan Drawing Page.
From the Available Templates, choose Floor Plan, and double click Electrical and Telecom template to start drawing.
2. Drag and Drop Appliances.
On the left of the canvas, the relative libraries are already open. Drag and drop needed symbols on the canvas. If you need other symbols, click the Library button to open more symbol libraries.
3. Connecting the Symbols.
You can either use the curved connector button from the toolbar, or use a wire symbol in the Electrical and Telecom library.
4. Save and Export.
Want to save to another format so that other could open? Just one click away! Go to the File menu, and click Export & Send button. You are allowed to export your file to 17 formats, including: vector graphics (SVG, EMF, EPS), bitmap graphics (PNG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF), web documents (HTML, PDF), PowerPoint presentations (PPT), and Adobe Flash (SWF).
Tips to Wiring Your Home
- Install enough outlets in the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. For example, you need at least four outlets in the kitchen for the extractor hood, refrigerator, rice cooker and bread machine.
- Try to picture where you will place the furniture, and make sure the outlets are easy to access.
- Outdoor holiday lighting outlets are very important. Plan for multiple outlets near the doors and windows.
- Before wiring an appliance, be sure you know where to place the wires to keep your wiring projects safe and functional for years to come.
Wiring Plan Templates
Here are some ready-made home wiring plan templates which are downloadable and customizable.