How to Draw a Circuit Diagram
Part 1: What is Circuit Diagram?
Circuit diagrams illustrate how electrical circuits are composed. It will consist of electrical connections, power sources, switches, wire joints, etc.
Circuit diagrams are used by professionals to design, construct, and maintain circuits in rooms or structures. Students are also taught to use electrical diagrams to understand basic principles of power and electricity.
A circuit diagram's benefit lies in the fact that it acts as a universal guide about circuit. It is particularly practical for electrical maintenance professionals who need to understand and know exactly how the structure's circuits are laid out.
Part 2: Frequently Used Circuits Symbols
- Cell: A cell stands for electrical energy supply. A single cell is often called a battery, but strictly a battery is two or more cells joined together. It's represented by a long and a short parallel line.
- Battery: A battery is more than one cell. The larger terminal (on the left) is positive (+).It is represented by a collection of long and short parallel lines.
- Wire: Pass current from one part of the circuit to another. It's a connecting wire between two components.
- Resister: A resister is used to restrict the flow of a current. It's represented by a zigzag line.
- Switch: An on-off switch allows current to flow only when it is in the closed (on) position. It's generally represented by providing a break in a straight line by lifting a portion of the line upward at a diagonal.
- Ammeter: An ammeter is used to measure current. It's represented by a letter A in a circle.
- Voltmeter: A voltmeter is used to measure voltage. It's represented by a letter V in a circle.
- Motor: A transducer converts electrical energy to kinetic energy. It's represented by a letter M in a circle.
- Lamp: A transducer which converts electrical energy to light.
Part 3: How to Make a Circuit Diagram Effortlessly?
Step 1: Start EdrawMax.
Step 2: Navigate to [New]>[Electrical Engineering]>[Circuits and Logic]
Step 3: Select one circuit diagram template to edit on it or click the [+] sign to start from scratch.
Step 4: You can export the file to Graphics, PDF, editable MS Office file, SVG and Visio vsdx file.
Step 5: And you can share your diagram with others via social media and online website page.
Part 4: Features Which Make EdrawMax Outstanding
- Edraw has built-in a set of nice-looking themes with advanced effects. It's easy to change the whole diagram by changing the active theme with just a few clicks. You don't have to be professional in designing.
- All Edraw documents are vector graphic files with high clarity and available for reviewing and modifying.
- A set of smart tools are provided for automatic formatting. You can easily arrange, rotate, group and align objects.
- Edraw offers various customization options, using which you can adjust line width, line color, line style, font size, font style, text color, and much more.
- Easy to add images and edit text.
Part 5: Circuit Diagram Examples
Example 1: DC Circuit
A DC circuit diagram in problems relating to Ohm’s Law. The most common configurations of a DC circuit are series; parallel; two loop, multiple source; voltage divider; combination, single source; and battery with internal resistance.
Example 2: AGC Circuit Diagram
This is an example of an Automatic Gain Control (AGC) circuit diagram. It is a closed-loop feedback regulating circuit used in an amplifier. It is most commonly seen in devices such as radio receivers and radar systems.
Part 6: Conclusion
According to this article, there are mainly five parts to illustrate what is circuit diagram, to introduce some symbols frequently used, to tell you how to create a circuit diagram, to tell you why EdrawMax is outstanding, and to show you some circuit diagram examples.
EdrawMax is an easiest all-in-one diagramming tool, you can create circuit diagrams and any other type diagrams with ease! With ready-made circuit diagram symbols and cliparts, making circuit diagrams could be as simple as possible. Also, it supports to export your work in multiple formats and share your work with others. Get started to create your circuit diagrams now!
All-in-One Diagram Software
- Superior file compatibility: Import and export drawings to various file formats, such as Visio
- Cross-platform supported (Windows, Mac, Linux, Web)
Circuits and Logic Diagram Software
How to Read Electrical Circuit Diagram