Human Anatomy Complete Guide
Edraw Content Team
Do You Want to Make Your Human Body Diagram?
EdrawMax specializes in diagramming and visualizing. Learn from this human anatomy complete guide to know everything about human anatomy or human body diagram. Just try it free now!
Are you a biology student? Or are you studying medicine? Are you feeling difficulty in understanding and learning the human anatomy? If yes, then get relief from your worries as EdrawMax provide you with a complete learning solution. It is an online tool where you can easily pick the template and learn the anatomy of the human body quickly. There you will find sections and terminology with diagrams that are very easy to understand and learn.
Moreover, using this software is super easy too. Once you log in with this tool, you have to choose the template of your choice and then start learning the diagram. The colors, fonts, and style are so interesting that you will not get bored and easily understand anatomical concepts. Moreover, it is an ideal tool for teachers too. They can help their student to learn the concepts and give them relief in learning this tough subject.
Human anatomy is the study of structures of the human body; it is an important subject in medicine to learn about the human body organ system. The word anatomy comes from Greek origin. The meaning of ana is up while tome is cutting. It means it is the study of dissecting and cutting up organisms to understand the structures present inside the body. Now with the advancement of technology, there is less need for dissection, and health practitioners observe body systems with the help of imaging technology.
The medicine students need to study internal parts thoroughly. They have to study gross, macro, or topographical anatomy for viewing inside body systems. Students need to learn these systems and improve their understanding to practice medicine efficiently. Along with the study of major organs, students need to study microscopic anatomy, also known as histology. It is basically the study of the tissues and cells of humans, plants, and animals. People learn about the structure of cells and relate their functions. Students can make easy the learning of these systems through EdrawMax. The grouping in graphical form makes learning simple and time-saving.
Human anatomy is the study of structures of the human body; it is an important subject in medicine to learn about the human body organ system. It means it is the study of dissecting and cutting up organisms to understand the structures present inside the body.
Both anatomy and physiology are medicine subjects and important for students to learn to proceed with further studies. Anatomy is the study of structures of the human body. At the same time, physiology s the function performed by these organs. These two terms are interrelated with each other. Without knowing anatomy, it is hard to learn physiology. The anatomy vs. physiology comparison is given below.
Anatomy is about the study of the structure of internal and external organs.
Anatomy is of two types. One is gross, also known as macroscopic, while the other is histology, also known as microscopic anatomy.
The anatomy of the digestive system includes the mouth, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and large intestine.
Physiology is about the study of functions of the body system.
Physiology is of various types like nutrition physiology, yoga physiology, and applied physiology.
The physiology of the digestive system is to digest the food and supply energy to term parts of the body.
The seven major body parts are discussed below. Let's have a glance over them to understand human anatomy.
- The Brain
- The lungs
- The Liver
- The bladder
- The Kidneys
- The heart
- The stomach
The most important organ of the body that is known as the control center is the brain. The major part of the nervous system is located within the skull and controls multiple functions of the body. These include muscle control and coordination, sensory reception, integration, speech production, memory storage, and elaboration of emotion and thoughts.
Another vital organ of the body is the lungs. The two sponge-like cone shape structures fill most of the chest cavity. The main role is to provide oxygen from inhaled air to the bloodstream, and the lungs function to exhale air with carbon dioxide outside the body.
The liver is present on the right side of the abdominal cavity under the diaphragm. The main function is to process the blood contents to ensure the appropriate composition. The liver functions to break down fats, filtration of harmful substances, production of urea, and maintenance of the proper level of glucose in the body.
The muscular organ is present in the pelvic cavity. The purpose of the organ is to store urine; when a person feels urination, the bladder contract to release. While for storing, bladder muscles get stretched.
These are the bean-shaped organ located on the back side of the abdominal cavity. Each one is located on the spinal column. The main role is maintaining the chemical substance of the body. The waste material is excreted in the form of urine through the kidneys.
The heart is a hollow, muscular organ that pumps blood through the blood vessels through its rhythmic contractions. The overall blood flow is controlled through the heart.
The stomach is a muscular organ that plays a role in food digestion. It is a muscular, elastic, pear-shaped bag present in the abdominal cavity down the diaphragm. The stomach produces gastric juices for the breakdown of food items.
Anatomy is important for teaching body organs. From the day first of school to their first year in medical school, students are taught about human body organs. It is important to learn about body parts to understand the function of organs. Moreover, in medicine, it is important to teach anatomy, so it becomes easy to understand the diagnosis and treatment of the disease.
In the junior class, kids are given recognition of outer body parts like the head, shoulder, knees, and toes. Usually, it is taught with the help of rhyme. At the high school level, children are taught the internal organ system and its functions. In medical fields like MBBS, Pharmacy, and nursing, students have to do deep learning about organs to understand the action of medicines and various diseases. Therefore, learning anatomy is important for everyone. Without knowing the body system, it's hard to understand phenomena related to the body system.
Every body part has its own function that helps a person to lead a normal healthy life. The problem in any part creates illness and disturbance in life. The symbols given below are discussed below. Moreover, their function is also described in the below description.
- Eye-sight organ
- Nose- smell
- Ear- for listening
- Mouth-for talking, chewing, and biting
- Heart-pumps blood
- Liver-absorption of fats
- Arm- for holding
- Leg-for walking and maintaining a balance of body
- Stomach-digestion of food
- Kidneys-excretion of waste items
- Intestine-for absorption of food items
- Tooth-for-eating and churning
- Decay tooth-unable to chew
- Damaged lung-create breathing problems
- Female reproductive system-control reproduction
- Bran-control body system
- Fetus-development of baby
- Skull- encase the brain and provide protection to the brain
- Ribs- offer protection to the lungs
- The spinal cord- maintain the balance of the body and provide support to the body.
- Pelvic bone framework to balance legs
- Arm and fingers- working and holding of things
- Legs- for movement
- Skelton system- gives rigidity to the overall body
Anatomy is a tough subject and needs extra effort to learn the organ system. One can say it is a challenging task. But if you want to make your anatomy subject easy, then you should follow a few tips. By doing so, you can learn about the organ system. You can follow the guidelines given below.
- Understanding your learning ability is important. Perhaps, you should first do homework about your learning style.
- All these systems are complex and need special attention and time. Therefore, you should divide your time wisely. Try to focus on one system at one time. Do not jumble all these at once; rather, focus one at a time.
- You can make short points and acronyms for the organ system for quick learning purposes. You can keep a pocket writing pad and keep it in your pocket or bag. When you think you are missing any point, pull out the pad, review the organ and keep it bag.
- A good study environment is important. It allows you to maximize your learning efficiency. You must combine good reading, effective time management, effective learning strategy, and good study space.
- The development of an appropriate learning strategy is important. Without doing so, you will never be able to achieve your learning goals. So have a sound reading strategy. For this first overview, the main headings, terms, and figures. Memorize these things first. After that, come to a discussion.
- Always take class notes and concentrate on your lectures. The way the teacher teaches always stays in mind
- Last but not least tip that can help you to read and learn anatomy efficiently is to efficiently take detailed notes in class and study actively
Human anatomy is not only complex to learn but draw also. Students need to do a lot of practice to draw the difficult human body system. It needs a lot of time to be proficient in one system. Therefore, it is essential to practice hard. But if you want to draw in digital form, then you need to have some tool for doing so. For this, EdrawMax is a wonderful option. Now, if you are wondering what steps are to draw human anatomy in EdrawMax, then for your convenience, we have added steps. Have a glance at them.
Step1 Launch EdrawMax and Login
The first step to making human anatomy on EdrawMax is to launch the website. You can easily find it through Google by typing EdrawMax. Once you launch, get sign in so you can become part of this incredible tool. After signing, start exploring the website. You will find a variety of tools, icons, fonts, and templates to make the organ systems and learn them.
Step2 Template Selection
After exploring the site, it's time to choose a template so you can work and start learning about the human body. For this, you can open templates and go to the biology section, where different templates for the human body are available. Select the one that you need, and then start focusing or preparing your drawing.
Step3 Create from Scratch
If you are not mood to create your own template, you can choose from scratch, where already completed templates are available. You can edit them by changing the color or fonts on them. This will give you a time-saving learning experience.
Step4 Select Symbols
The next step is to select a symbol to add to your template. For example, if you want to draw the digestive system, then choose the symbol of the stomach, esophagus, small intestine, large intestine, spleen, liver, and pancreas. Adjust them, and you can easily prepare your digestive system anatomy.
Step5 Add Components
You can customize your drawing by adding components to the template. In this way, you can learn the anatomy of an organ system deeply. This will help you a lot, and you can prepare for exams quickly.
Step6 Export and Share
Finish your drawing by clicking on the finish icon and then publish it. You can share it on social media as well or save it in your folder for future learning. In this way, when you need revision, you simply open your saved template, go through it and memorize the organ system.
Some of the examples and templates available on EdrawMax that you can learn and practice to draw are given below. We bring more free examples for your use to understand the mechanism of human anatomy.
Example 1: Digestive system
This is an example of the digestive system. In this template, you can see the whole description is described in shot form. Along with the abdominal part of the body, the physiology of the heart and lungs is also provided. When you open this template, you can easily learn about the anatomy of the digestive system.
Example 2: Template of Upper Body Parts
This is the template indicating about the upper body portion and abdominal part of the body. The upper body elaborate of the brain, mouth, and nose, while the abdominal portion is of the heart, lungs, and digestive tract.
Example 3: Anatomy of the human body
It is the template for the overall body structure. Through this, you can learn about the overall organ system of the body. This is best when you have to revise the organ system. You can review the template to do a revision of the overall body system.
human anatomy makers are an excellent way to reduce your extra workload. However, these programs are not easy to find. There are massive options on the internet that claim to be the best, but in reality, they are up to no good. So, it is better to choose the one that experts recommend, such as the EdrawMax. EdrawMax is one of the reliable programs, providing a hassle-free experience to its users. Some of its top perks are as follows.
- The program has an easy-to-use interface that takes it up a notch in handling and customer ratings. The program is suitable for every individual. Its basic yet effective pages are excellent for people with no prior designing experience. For that reason, people refer to it as the universal human anatomy maker.
- The never-ending template community of EdrawMax makes it optimum for bulk chart production. Plus, if you do not want to sit for hours in front of the computer to generate a human anatomy diagram, EdrawMax is the way to go. Its ready made templates help you get your distinct functional org chart in a few clicks.
- EdrawMax is an all-in-one tool for the customers. The reason is its broad export format approach. It allows you to export files in Microsoft office word, PowerPoint, Excel, and many more software formats. The program is eligible for 14 different formats, which makes it ideal for most social media sharing platforms.
- With EdrawMax, you won't have to worry about losing your file ever again. Its cloud save service will track and save your every click within milliseconds. Therefore, it keeps the server updated and your file secure with extra encryption.
- EdrawMax provides an easier approach for you to import your previous data. If you want to shift your design procedure to this program, you won't be left behind. It gives you easy instructions to import your Visio files with a few clicks.
Learning human anatomy is no more difficult now. You can use EdrawMax software and learn the human organ system as well as its functions. Human anatomy is complex and challenging to learn. For this, you need to understand the concepts and shortlist about organs. This can help you to save your time and memorize the human organ system quickly. If you find difficulty in learning the complex system of our body, then you should log in to EdrawMax, choose the template and learn to achieve the success goals of your exam.