How to Draw a Wardrobe Plan
Edraw Content Team
Do You Want to Design Your Wardrobe Plan?
EdrawMax specializes in diagramming and visualizing. Learn from this article to know everything about how to design your perfect wardrobe plan. Just try it free now!
The wardrobe plan or closet design lets you easily determine what you need, discover what you want, and access what you already have in your closet. When one creates a building, it is recommended to have a wardrobe design ready, so they can easily understand the height of the bedroom, which they have to consider. There are several reasons to plan a wardrobe while you make your apartment, like:
- With wardrobe design, you will know the exact position of the closet in your room.
- Basic wardrobe planning will help you understand if you have any extra clothes in your closet space.
- By planning a wardrobe design, you will get an idea of whether you will use two sliding doors or prefer a hinged one.
In this elaborated guide to understanding wardrobe design, we will walk you through some of the basic steps that will finally let you answer how to plan a wardrobe . In this wardrobe design guide, you will learn some of the amazing benefits of EdrawMax and how easy and affordable it is to use EdrawMax to plan the wardrobe design.
A wardrobe plan is a visual representation of a horizontal plane that depicts the view from above. Several important elements can be a part of a great-looking wardrobe plan, like the plan, elevation, and section.
It depicts the closet's layout that shows the different locations of shelves, cabinets, top boxes, etc. At the same time, it also helps you decide what kind of doors (hinged or sliders) you are planning to use.
It is drawn from a vertical plane looking straight onto a closet's interior layout.
These are orthographic projections.
Like any other building planning, you have to follow a couple of important steps when you start drawing the wardrobe plan for your room. Some of the basic preparations that you must adhere to are:
- Take measurements of the entire room (from floor to the ceiling and from one corner to the other where you intend to keep your wardrobe). It will help you finalize the exact dimension of your wardrobe or closet.
- Learn how much closet space you need in the first place. It will give you an idea of the ideal size of the wardrobe you should plan.
- If you have a small place, you should look for some good sliding door designs; otherwise, you can opt for hinged doors.
- If you have some plans, like moving to a different place or someone moving in with you, you should consider adding additional space in the closet.
- Take measurements of the entire room;
- Learn how much closet space you need in the first place;
- Consider hinged door or sliding door according to your condition;
- Consider adding additional space in the closet..
Are you still wondering how to draw a wardrobe plan? There are two ways -- one is a traditional way, and another is where you use EdrawMax. Before we share amazing ways EdrawMax can benefit you while planning the wardrobe design, let us help you understand the general method of creating the wardrobe drawing.
- Understand the room:
- Learn your requirements:
- Look for the right design:
- Finalize the design:
Even before you start working on the wardrobe design, you should take the correct measurements of your entire room. It will help you decide on the right design that you need to follow while making the basic wardrobe planning.
Now that you have noted down the room's dimensions, you should discuss how big a wardrobe you need. In order to understand it, you should first find your clothes and sort them out based on their usage and priority. It will give you a rough idea of how many shelves or space you will require.
Remember that all designs are perfect as long as it fits your budget and fits in your room. So, look for such designs online and download some of the copies. It will help you finalize the correct quantity of wood.
Remember that your design should be practical and expandable. For instance, if you plan to get married in some time, then remember to add multiple shelves for your partner.
Once you have finalized the number of closet spaces or hangers or type of doors, you should discuss it with your partner, roommate, or carpenter. They will provide you with multiple rounds of revisions that will only improve the wardrobe design.
After you are done with all the revisions, you can finalize the wardrobe design.
- Take the correct measurements of your entire room;
- Learn your requirements;
- Look for the right design;
- Your design should be practical and expandable;
- Discuss it with your partner, roommate, or carpenter;
- Finalize the design.
Now that you are wondering how to draw a wardrobe plan? Well, there are basically two ways that you can follow. The first method is to draw a wardrobe plan from scratch using EdrawMax, and the other method is when you work smartly and choose templates provided by EdrawMax. Here we will walk you through the basic ways of drawing a wardrobe plan.
4.1 Draw a Wardrobe Plan from Scratch
Step1 Login to EdrawMax
If you are using the offline version of EdrawMax, then open the tool in your system. If you wish to have remote collaboration, head to EdrawMax Download and log in using your registered email address. If this is your first time using the tool, you can register yourself using your personal or professional email address. Go to 'Building Plan' and click on 'Wardrobe.'
Step2 Open a New Canvas
Since you are creating the wardrobe plan from scratch, you can click '+.' Simultaneously, click on 'wardrobe' to access free templates. After clicking on '+,' It will open up the user-friendly EdrawMax canvas. Create the basic outline and properly scale the wardrobe's layout as per your measurements.
Step3 Find Wardrobe Symbols
Every wardrobe plan diagram is incomplete without symbols. Head to the 'Symbols' section and click on the 'Predefined Symbol' section from the top toolbar. Click on 'Wardrobe' to import them to your library. If you cannot find your desired wardrobe plan symbol, create the shape using the Pen Tool or Pencil Tool, and then click '+' on the My Library section to save your symbol for future usage. Learn more wardrobe symbols and find symbols you want here.
Step4 Add Elements
Once you have imported all the symbols, you can start placing them in the wardrobe plan layout that you have created in Step #2. You can add elements like chest, top box, suitcase, pillow, etc. Depending upon your need and the size of your room, you can modify these wardrobe planning symbols without worrying about losing the formatting of the drawing. Then, use toolbars on the top or right side of canvas to change the color, font, size, theme, and more with one click.
Step5 Save & Export
After designing the wardrobe plan diagram, you can export it into multiple formats, like JPEG, JPG, PNG, PDF, and other Microsoft formats, like MS Word, MS Excel, PPTX, etc. You can also share the wardrobe plan on different social media platforms, like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. Moreover, you can print your plumbing plan drawing for showing with others.
4.2 Draw a Wardrobe Plan from Templates
Step1 Login to EdrawMax
If you are using the offline version of EdrawMax, then open the tool in your system. If you wish to have remote collaboration, head to EdrawMax Download and log in using your registered email address. If this is your first time using the tool, you can register yourself using your personal or professional email address. Go to the 'Templates' section on the left and type' wardrobe plan.'
Step2 Choose a Template
In the EdrawMax Template Community, you will find hundreds of built-in templates readily available to use. Choose any templates that closely resemble your ideal plumbing plan drawing and duplicate it to 'Use Immediately.'
Step3 Add Symbols
Head to the 'Symbols' section and click on the 'Predefined Symbol' section from the top toolbar. Click on 'Wardrobe' to import them to your library. If you cannot find your desired wardrobe plan symbol, create the shape using the Pen Tool or Pencil Tool, and then click '+' on the My Library section to save your symbol for future usage.
Step4 Change Details
Once you have imported the free built-in template to the EdrawMax canvas, you can change basic details. You can add or modify the basic wardrobe layout details that you deem fit necessary for the current requirement from the imported symbols. In addition to this, you can change the background color to see how it will look in the real world. Just choose the toolbars on the top or right side of canvas, and find the functions you want.
Step5 Export or Publish
Once your wardrobe plan is ready, you can export it to multiple formats or publish it to the template community for the other 25 million registered users to see and get inspired by your design. Click the "Publish" button on the top right area of the canvas, and fill in your template details, like template title, description, and tag to share your drawing with others.
Basically, it is simple to draw a wardrobe plan in EdrawMax, just grab a template and keep customizing, drag and drop professinal wardrobe symbols to make your plan better. If you are still confusing about how to draw a wardrobe plan in EdrawMax, just check the video below, or learn more from our Youtube channel.
The most important part that you need to understand here is:
- Your technical expertise
- Do you require a professional-looking design?
If you are a novice or just a beginner, you can go with the free templates provided by EdrawMax. As you saw here, your wardrobe design will be ready to be constructed in just a couple of minutes. If you have previously worked on multiple wardrobe plan designs and know your way around the designing tool, then you can create the wardrobe plan from scratch using the amazing design features provided by EdrawMax.
Lastly, if you need a professional-looking wardrobe design that you can share with your friends or carpenter, it is highly recommended to go with EdrawMax.
5.1 Why is EdrawMax the Best Wardrobe Planner
When it comes to designing, EdrawMax is the best wardrobe planning software in 2022. Some of the important features that make EdrawMax the best wardrobe planning tool are:
- It comes with free templates and has over 50,000 symbols.
- EdrawMax provides easy sharing on cloud and social media platforms.
- All the files at EdrawMax are highly encrypted.
- You can create over 280 types of different diagrams with EdrawMax.
- EdrawMax is free to use for all users.
5.2 Symbol Libraries
Some of the most common wardrobe planning symbols that you can find here at EdrawMax, or you can learn more wardrobe symbols and find symbols you want here.
- Chest: It represents furniture that has drawers.
- Top Box: It is the box on the top of the wardrobe.
- Hanger: It is a shaped piece of metal from which clothes are hung to keep them safe.
- Droplight: It represents the drop light that we hung inside the wardrobe to see the clothes in the dark.
- Hooks: It represents the hooks we put inside the wardrobe to hang the clothes.
5.3 Template Community
EdrawMax has an extensive set of free built-in templates readily available for all registered users to use. Whenever you are working on any wardrobe plan, head to the templates section on the left side of the panel and type' Wardrobe Plan.'
The system will instantly present to you all the free wardrobe plan templates. Click on any of them based on your current requirement or preference, and start customizing. What is amazing with the template community is that these templates are constantly updating, which means that you will always find new templates in the template section.
After checking both the ways of creating the wardrobe design, you should be wondering why one goes along with traditional ways when creating and sharing the wardrobe drawing is so simple with EdrawMax! This free wardrpbe plan software lets you create over 280 types, which means that you can create most of the latest diagrams, like flowcharts, Venn diagrams, org charts, etc. In addition to this, there are several other important features of using the free wardrobe plan software, like:
- EdrawMax has over 50,000 vector-enabled symbols. If by any chance, you do not find the symbol that you need to have the basic wardrobe planning, then you can easily create one symbol using the in-built drawing feature.
- With EdrawMax, you never run out of ideas. We have a strong community of over 25 million registered users who constantly update the template sections.
- If you are a beginner, you can easily opt to use the wardrobe plan examples & templates available in the template community. With just a few clicks, this free wardrobe plan software lets you duplicate and customize the wardrobe drawing as per your requirement.
- The user-friendly interface offers a drag-and-drop feature that allows beginners to work efficiently on their wardrobe plans.
- From adjusting the wardrobe line, line color, line style, font size, font color, text color, adding vector-text, and more, you can do almost all sorts of customization with this free wardrobe plan software.
Wardrobes are one of the most functional pieces of furniture in a house. As you learned here in wardrobe design, a closet remains an inseparable part of every household. With the help of EdrawMax, you can create wardrobe drawings with multiple features, ranging from hinged doors to slider doors, add elements like handles, panels, drawers, drop lights, etc.
When it comes to creating wardrobe drawings, EdrawMax is your go-to tool that comes with free templates and vector-enabled symbols. Planning a wardrobe design on EdrawMax is something you need to experience firsthand. So, come, and join us on this magical journey where you can create and share hundreds of diagrams effortlessly with just a click of a button.