How to Create Your Own House Floor Plans
Designing your own house floor plans would be a wonderful journey of self-discovery and creativity. A guide on how to create house floor plans will be introduced in following article.
House Floor Plan Design Software
This House Floor Plan Software is an interior design application with various pre-drawn libraries and more than 6500 vector symbols. Its editable house floor plan templates allows you to create and present your house floor plans in minutes.
House Floor Plans Symbols
1. Kitchen and Dining Room Shapes
2. Bedroom Shapes
3. Bathroom Shapes
3. Sofa and Chair Shapes
Five Steps to Design House Floor Plans
Step 1. Open a Blank Drawing Page
Go to File > New > Floor Plan, choose the type of floor plan you want and then double click its icon to open a blank drawing page.
Step 2. Set the Drawing Scale
Navigate to Floor Plan menu of the Ribbon, in the first Scale group, input a drawing scale value in the box or click the arrow besides the box to choose one drawing scale from the drop-down menu.
Step 3. Add and Edit Floor Plan Shapes
To Add House Floor Plan Shapes:
- From the left libraries, drag and drop shapes to the canvas.
- Connect walls by dragging one wall to another. When the connection point turns red, release the mouse and two walls will be glued.
To Edit Floor Plan Shapes:
- To set the opening direction, go to Home tab to click Rotate and Flip button. Drag the yellow control point to change the door opening angle and direction.
- Change a shape's color and border by clicking any quick style under the Home tab in the Styles group.
To Add Dimension Lines to Walls
The dimensioning library contains a variety of dimensioning symbols for users to draw interior dimension, exterior dimension, angular dimension, radius dimension, etc.
Step 4. Add Floor Plan Contents
Double click a shape or a table to type in text. -> Press Ctrl + 2 to add more text boxes. Press Ctrl + shift + 2 to adjust text box. The text box turns purple.
Step 5. Save or Export Floor Plan
Click Save on File tab to save as the default format .eddx.
Download Floor Plan Software to Create Your Own House Floor Plan Easily