Program flowchart is the simplest way to figure out the bugs in a program before carrying out, which saves a lot time, labor and money.
This article will introduce the program flowchart definition from many aspects and hope it will help programmers in future program flowchart drawing.
Program Flowchart Definition
Program flowchart is a diagram which uses a set of standard graphic symbols to represent the sequence of coded instructions fed into a computer, enabling it to perform specified logical and arithmetical operations. It is a great tool to improve work efficiency. There are four basic symbols in program flowchart, start, process, decision and end. Each symbol represents a piece of the code written for the program.
Start event symbol signals the first step of a process.
Process is a series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end.
Decision is the action or process of deciding something or of resolving a question.
End event symbol stands for the result of a process.
Steps to Create Program Flowcharts
Use program flowchart maker, you can create program flowchart in minutes.
- Drag relevant symbols of program flowchart and drop them on the page.
The purpose of program chart is making complex program easy and readable, which means you should confirm your core topic and state it simply with several steps.
- Drag relevant vector symbols and drop them on the page.
Each symbol has its own function within the program, flowchart will not work if there is a wrong symbol.
- Text information into right symbols.
Single key words or short phrases will make flowchart much clear and concise.
- Connect the steps with arrow according to their correct order.
You can connect the shapes one by one or click the floating button which saves a lot of time.
- Complete and check the programming flowchart.
After completing the program flowchart, check it before carrying it out to find if there is any bug.
Below is a program flowchart example for you.
Benefits of Program Flowchart
The advantages of program flowchart are as follows:
- Program flowchart can help programmers to find the bug in the process before carrying out.
- It works as a blueprint when analyzing the systems and developing programs, which makes coding more efficient.
- It improves programmers’ efficiency in maintaining the operating program.
- With the help of program flowchart, communicating the logic of a system to all concerned gets much easier.
Software for Program Flowchart Drawing
Edraw Flowchart Maker is the ideal software to create program flowchart.
- It offer users an all-purpose toolkit to design various program flowcharts, which meets the demand of different programmers.
- It provides users with abundant editable flowchart examples and templates, they can use those built-in examples and templates, or make changes to create new ones.
- Smart drawing of it enables users to connect, align and space shapes automatically. Once starting a shape, users can click the floating buttons to finish the rest, which improves the work efficiency dramatically.
Program Flowchart Examples
Following are some program flowchart examples for your reference, which are taken from the daily life, interesting and can be understood effortlessly. Click program flowchart examples to view more examples if any interest.
Steps to Draw a Flowchart
What is Algorithm Flowchart
Download Awesome Flowchart Maker!
Flowchart maker provides a highly effective way to draw flowcharts. It has improved the drawing with quick buttons and auto-alignment technics. More importantly, it includes all the needed symbols and a large collection of examples. Try it now!