How to Draw AWS Diagram
AWS diagram can be created by dragging and dropping AWS icons. The following steps will guide you to finish a professional-looking AWS architecture diagram.
Start a Blank AWS Drawing Page
Start Edraw AWS software. On the File menu, point to New.-> Click Network Diagram, and then double click the icon of AWS. You will see a new drawing canvas, together with some opened AWS symbol libraries.
Add AWS Diagram Icons
Drag and drop AWS icons from the libraries on the left of the canvas. Open more symbol libraries by clicking the Library button. Close the libraries that you don't need.
Layout the Diagram
You can use the automatic Align and Distribute buttons to layout the diagram quickly. Or use the smart guides when placing shapes on canvas.
Connect AWS Icons
You can also use the Connector tool under Home tab to connect the icons. The built-in AWS icons are designed with 4 connection points which allow "snap and glue" when connecting.
To set default Connector style, go to the Page Layout menu, and choose one from the pre-defined styles.
Add Texts or Text Blocks
- Double click a shape to type in text.
- Press Text button, when the cursor turn to Text mode, draw text boxes on any place of the canvas.
- Choose a different font under Home tab. Customize the size, color and alignment by clicking the relevant menus.
Save or Export AWS Diagram
Click Save on File tab to save as the default format. Choose Save as on File tab to save to other file or save as other formats.
You can choose to save in local files or save in your Cloud. Saving it in Team Cloud can share it with more people.
Hit Export & Send under File to export the AWS Diagram as graphics, MS files, PDF, web documents and so forth.
Print AWS Diagram
- Click File tab and then choose Print. A preview of your document automatically shows.
- To view each page, click the arrows below the preview.
- TIP: Use the zoom slider below the preview to magnify the image of the document.
- To go back to your document and modify it before printing it, click the top left arrow.
If the drawing page is larger than the print paper, the drawing will be printed on more than 1 paper.
To print it on only 1 paper,
click More Print Setup... and then choose Fit to.
Here are some AWS diagram examples. They can help you get inspired and get started quickly to create AWS architecture diagrams.
Download and try our AWS architecture diagram software for free: