Main Idea and Details Graphic Organizer Templates - Printable
Why need main idea and details organizer?
Students above grade 3 should engage in various types of reading and writing practice. A main idea and details chart can help students practice reading effectively by finding out the main ideas and supporting details of a paragraph. The process of making a main idea and detail diagram helps the students focus on the topic, requires the students to review what they already know in order to organize that knowledge, and helps the student to monitor their growing comprehension of the topic.
How to use the main idea and details templates?
1. Teachers can give students a small paragraph and ask them to fill out the main idea and supporting details on the template. 2. Since the templates are artistically built and visually-pleasing, teachers can also use the them as ppt presentation in the classroom, which can attract students' attentions and let them focus. They are editable and can be exported to PPT format easily.
Features of the Templates
- Click on the item of your choice to open a new page and access the PDF and EDDX download link.
- Choose PDF format you can directly print the templates.
- Choose the EDDX format you can edit the templates (change color, content, style, layout, background etc). To edit the templates, you need to download Edraw first.
- When you finish editing, you can export the file to PPT, PDF, Html, PNG, SVG, and more formats seamlessly.