Photosynthesis Diagram - Explore the Secret of Nature
Do You Want to Draw Biology with Ease? Try This Out!
EdrawMax Biology Diagram Software creates professional biology diagrams for free with easy-to-customize templates and symbols. Just try it for free now!
This article will introduce the process of photosynthesis, how it works, and how to draw a flowchart to represent the workflow inside the plant when photosynthesis happens.
Photosynthesis is the process that happens in every autotrophic organisms like green plants, they use light energy from the sun to make sugar and oxygen gas from CO and water. The image below shows the basic concept of photosynthesis:
In other words, photosynthesis is the process when plants make their own food.
Photosynthesis has two phases, they are commonly known as "Photosynthesis Light Reaction" and "Photosynthesis Dark Reaction". We will analyze these two phases one by one.
1. Photosynthesis Light Reaction: ADP + NADP + H2O → ATP +NADPH + H ion + O2
This reaction of photosynthesis only happens when light is available. In this reaction the light hits the reaction centers of chlorophyll in the chloroplasts. The chlorophyll will vibrate, makes water molecule (H2O) and oxygen (O) released into the air and the remaining molecules of hydrogen (H) from the water (H2O) remains in chloroplast and gets attached to NADP. In this phase of photosynthesis energy loses along the electron transport chain to recharge ATP from ADP. During this process, light energy gets converted into chemical energy and finally ATP molecules are produced. This reaction is also known as light-dependent reaction.
2. Photosynthesis Dark Reaction: ATP + NADPH + CO2 → ADP + NADP + glucose
This phase of photosynthesis does not require light and it takes place in stroma. In this reaction the carbon dioxide (CO2) in the atmosphere combines with hydrogen (H) from water molecules and forms glucose. During this process, ATP molecules will be converted to simple sugars. This reaction is also known as light-independent reaction.
Here to get a useful biology diagram designer to draw photosynthesis diagrams or flowchats with ease!
- Superior file compatibility: Import and export drawings to various file formats, such as Visio
- Cross-platform supported (Windows, Mac, Linux, Web)
A flowchart is a way to show the steps in a process. Below is the flowchart of photosynthesis process that shows the steps involved in the Light reaction and dark reaction of photosynthesis created on EdrawMax, a powerful flowchart software that can help draw flowcharts within a few steps.
- Carbon dioxide and oxygen enter and exit the plant leaves through stomata.
- The chlorophyll in the chloroplasts of the leaf cells adsorbs energy from sunlight
- Chlorophyll and other carotenoids transfer light energy
- The light reaction produces carbohydrates by using ATP and NADPH
- The dark reaction produces sugar from carbon dioxide with the help of ATP and NADPH
For Learning to draw Photosynthesis diagram, visit 'How to Create a Photosynthesis Diagram' part of Photosynthesis Diagram – Process of Energy Transformation for help.
Free download this powerful and easy-to-use flowchart and diagramming software.