Data Flow Diagram Visio Alternative for Mac
Are you looking for budget diagramming tools on Mac having the same features as pricey MS Visio? Try Edraw Max - a data flow diagram Visio alternative that won't disappoint you. With this amazing data flow diagram maker, you can effortlessly create Visio data flow diagram by customizing Visio data flow template.
Visio-Like Data Flow Diagram Software
Edraw is a vector-based diagramming tool available on Windows, macOS, and Linux, including abundant shapes, templates, and online resources. It helps users to design data flow diagrams with ready-made symbols and templates quickly. The data flow diagram symbols are fully customizable. The intuitive interface is similar to Microsoft Office, which is pretty easy to use. With this Visio-like program, users can make professional data flow diagrams in a way faster than you think.
Edraw Max - an All-in-One Diagram Software
- Effortlessly create over 260 types of diagrams.
- Provide various templates & symbols to match your needs.
- Drag and drop interface and easy to use
- Customize every detail by using smart and dynamic toolkits
- Compatible with a variety of file formats, such as MS Office, Visio, PDF, etc.
- Feel free to export, print and share your diagrams
Why Edraw is an Excellent Visio Alternative for Data Flow Diagram on Mac
- Much improved user interface - similar toolbar and icons with Word to assist ease of use.
- Optimized for use with all screen resolutions.
- Contains vector pre-made symbols that can increase drawing efficiency.
- Provides abundant templates and examples to help you avoid wasting time in formatting and focus on content.
- Includes extensive manual, help and tutorials.
- Supports a wide variety of export formats, including PDF, PPTX, SVG, PNG and so on.
- Cloud-based software offers you better platform for file storage and sharing.
Comparison of Data Flow Diagram Features
How to Create Visio Data Flow Diagram?
As a matter of fact, drawing Visio data flow diagrams with Edraw Max is not difficult at all. All you have to do is just follow the video tutorial below and export your diagrams to Visio files.
Tips for Creating High Quality Data Flow Diagrams
1. Keep it simple; 5-7 processes is a good guide; no more than 7 - 9 processes in each DFD. If a process involves complex sub-process, start a new diagram and connect the 2 diagrams with hyperlink.
2. Number the process. Showing the sequence is useful in identifying the processes when discussing with users.
3. Label the process properly and concisely to increase readability.
4. Data stores should not be connected to an external entity because it would mean that you're giving an external entity direct access to your data files.
5. Data flows should not exist between 2 external entities without going through a process.
6. Loops are not allowed.
7. A process is not an analog of a decision in a systems or programming flowchart. Hence, a dataflow should not be a control signal. Control signals are modeled separately as control flows.
Find More Visio Data Flow Templates and Examples
Pick up one of the following data flow templates and cutomize it according to your needs. Then, export it to Visio file!
|Data Flow Diagram for Ticket Booking||Data Flow Diagram for Library Management||Data Flow Model|
|Dataflow Diagram Example||Customers Data Flow||Reservation Data Flow|