Matrix Structure Diagram Advantages, Disadvantages & Examples
Read on to learn what is a matrix structure diagram, matrix structure diagram examples, and the advantages and disadvantages for both company and staff.
Overview of Matrix Structure Diagram
The Matrix Structure Diagram is a hybrid of divisional and functional structure, which is used for reporting levels both horizontally as well as vertically. It is often used when the firm has to be highly responsive to a rapidly changing external environment.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Matrix Structure Diagram
- Better coordination and control
- Adaptable to dynamic environment
- Maximum use of resources
- Participative management
- Sufficient time to top management
- Difficult in balance: a conflict of loyalty between line managers and project managers over the allocation of resources.
- Costly structure: costs can be increased if more managers (ie project managers) are created through the use of project teams.
All-in-One Diagram Software
- Superior file compatibility: Import and export drawings to various file formats, such as Visio
- Cross-platform supported (Windows, Mac, Linux, Web)
Matrix Structure Diagram Examples
To get more free editable org charts, you can visit the Edraw template center and try to find your desired templates.
If you would like to know how to create a matrix structure diagram, our Organizational Chart Software would help you a lot. Simply free download it to have a try.