Benefits of Infographics
Infographics offer a wide range of benefits in communication. For example, coronavirus has been a hot issue since its breakout globally, a beautiful infographic will help you understand the different symptoms of that horrible disease.
Infographics can be applied in varied fields as an educational, entertaining, and useful tool. Its biggest value lies in its nature as a communication tool.
General Benefits of Infographics
Generally speaking, infographics have the following advantages.
1. More attractive. Infographics are more eye-catching than texts, since they usually combine pictures, colors, and content that naturally draw the eye.
2. More attention-drawing. Since most people have increasingly shorter attention spans, so people tend to "scan" material as opposed to actually reading text. Infographics help us pay attention to contents for longer time.
3. Extremely shareable. Infographics are quite shareable. For example, an infographic published on a blog or website usually provides an embed code. This code allows an automatic link from the original site to yours. They are also easily shared on social networks and have a better chance of becoming viral compared to text.
4. Enhance SEO. A well designed and aesthetically pleasing infographic helps to strengthen SEO. Infographics drive people to your website since they are more likely to "share" and "click" on it. Also, this can help with Google's "Page Rank" algorithm, which is important for SEO.
5. Decrease space & increase promotion. A picture is worth a thousand words. By using infographics, you can save much space especially for billboards while greatly increasing effect.
6. Increase fun and engagement. Finally, infographics are a fun and engaging medium that can generate a unique connection with visitors to either your site or a location that has featured your infographic.
Benefits of Infographics in Marketing
Take the application in marketing as an example, the benefits can be divided into external and internal categories.
External Intangible Benefits
A number of less-tangible benefits are associated with using infographics as an internal and external communication tool.
Building relationships - For the feature of visualization, the process of presenting and promoting your infographics attract more viewers. In this way you can gain more opportunities to develop relationships with a wide variety of influential individuals, media, and organizations.
Credibility - Publishing relevant and useful infographics can educate and offer deeper insight of you or your organization. They will act as a thought leader within your industry, building credibility with your customers.
Promoting your brand - Infographics and other content create micro-interactions with your audiences, helping facilitate positive experiences with your organization. Infographics can be used to reinforce a brand, simply because they are so visually appealing. If you design an infographic with coordinated colors, shapes, pictures and messages, along with your logo, you'll have an effective means of "Brand Awareness".
Internal Intangible Benefits
Effective Communication - Infographics can make it easier for your employees to communicate ideas, concepts, messages and processes with each other, allowing more efficient dissemination of information and transfer of knowledge. Infographics, because of their accessible and viral nature, also have the potential to get spread to all corners of an organization, fuelling expanded internal debate and dialogue.
Cheap and influential advertisement - Your organization can be best promoted when your contents include useful and meaningful infographics for viewers.
Corporate pride - If an infographic becomes popular and gets shared across social media channels, it can become a point of pride for the whole organization.
Decision-making - Infographics speed up information processing and understanding, resulting in incrementally quicker decisions.
Learning and training - Infographics make complicated information easier to understand, helping educate employees about important data and processes.
Fun at work - Infographics make tedious message funnier, which can make the work more interesting and increase employees' work efficiency.
Free Download Professional Infographic Maker
After knowing the benefits of infographics, would you like to create your own infographics now? However, there is a versatile, professional yet free infographic software that can satisfy your needs - Edraw Infographic. Download it and start creating yours soon!
Create Stunning Infographics with Edraw Infographic
- Easy-to-use and beginner-friendly
- Various stylish ready-made templates to get started quickly
- Beautiful clipart and numerous symbols to freely customize
- Seamlessly compatible with a variety of file formats
- Export, print, and share your amazing infographics with ease
Discover More Infographic Examples
In fact, infographics have been widely used in our daily life and work. Thanks to the benefits of infographics, we are easier to understand each other. Click one of the following infographics to see how they makes our life more convenient. Besides, if you need more examples, you can go to Edraw infographic examples library to find what you want.
|Tourism Infographic||Food Infographic||Architecture Infographic|
|Transportation Infographic||Online Shopping Infographic||Medical Equipment Infographic|