How to Create UML Deployment Diagram Easily
This is an article which introduces UML deployment detailedly and gives you a step-by-step tutorial for creating it.
What is a UML Deployment Diagram
UML Deployment diagram is a structure diagram which shows shows architecture of the system and models the physical deployment of artifacts on nodes. And the purposes of it are describing the hardware components used to deploy software components, visualizing hardware topology of a system and describing runtion processing nodes. Just take describing a website as an example, a UML deployment would show what hardware components exist, what software components run on each node, and how the different pieces are connected.
How to Create UML Deployment Diagram with Edraw
Following are detailed steps to create UML deployment diagram.
- Launch the software and open a blank drawing page.
- Drag relevant UML symbols from left libraries and drop on the blank page, or click the floating buttons to add automatically.
- Double click the symbols and add the information.
- Connect UML symbols with correct arrows in order.
- Browse your computer and choose a location to save your diagram.
Here is the created UML deployment diagram example for you
EdrawMax: a swiss knife for all your diagramming need
- Effortlessly create over 280 types of diagrams.
- Provide various templates & symbols to match your needs.
- Drag and drop interface and easy to use.
- Customize every detail by using smart and dynamic toolkits.
- Compatible with a variety of file formats, such as MS Office, Visio, PDF, etc.
- Feel free to export, print, and share your diagrams.
What to Create UML Deployment Diagram
Edraw UML Diagram Software, gets more popularity among people because of its following handy features.
- Thousands of standard UML symbols for dragging and dropping. No drawing skills required.
- Abundant UML templates for free downloading and customizing to meet different demands.
- Resourceful data can be inserted by adding hyperlinks, note, and attachments.
Where to Use UML Deployment Diagram
The major usage of UML deployment diagrams used by system engineers is to describe the physical components or hardware’s distribution and association. We can also visualize UML deployment diagrams as hardware components or nodes where software components reside. Following are usages to which UML deployment diagrams are applied.
- To model the hardware topology of a system.
- To model embedded system.
- To model hardware details for a client/server system and a distributed application
- Forward and reverse engineering.
More UML Diagrams Types
Edraw UML diagram software is not only professional for creating UML deployment diagram, but also powerful for creating UML activity diagram, UML class diagram, UML use case, UML package diagram, and etc.