Creating a Basic Electrical Diagram
Basic Electrical Diagram
Basic Electrical Diagrams are graphical representations of circuits showing how the various circuit elements are connected to each other. The circuit elements are represented in an electrical diagram through conventional circuits symbols, while all the symbols are connected with straight lines that represent electrical wires.
How to Draw a Basic Electrical Diagram
Start with Electrical Templates
The Basic Electrical Templates help you easily create electrical diagrams using built-in electrical diagram symbols, including schematics, one-line, wiring diagrams and blue prints. Find the template from Engineer category on the starting page and double-click, a drawing page will open, with numerous shapes for switches, circuits, semiconductors, relays, transmission paths and tubes.
Use Standard Electrical Symbols
Different kinds of electrical elements have different symbols. First you need to identify the symbols used to represent the components you wish to draw. Edraw electrical diagrams templates provide you lot of basic electrical symbols including earth electrode, cell, battery, source, ideal source, resister, alternate resister, pre-set resister, pre-set potentiometer, potentiometer resister, attenuator, contact, capacitor, diode, crystal, antenna, etc. Click Standard Electrical Symbols to study detailed function of each symbol.
Edraw enables users to create professional basic electrical diagrams with minimal effort. It has a simple and friendly interface with easy commands for shapes.
Basic Steps to Draw a Basic Electrical Diagram
1. On the File menu, point to New, point to Engineering and double click Basic Electrical Template.
2. Go to the library pane on the left of the canvas. From Basic Electrical Symbols, drag basic electrical shapes onto the canvas.
3. Use wires to connect the shapes.
- Drag a wire from the Transmission Path group onto the drawing page. Position an endpoint with a shape. Connection points (blue x) will appear on the shape. You can connect with any connection point as you want. When the endpoint turns red, it means it's glued to the shape. Note: If you need, connection point can be created through Connection Point Tool under Home tab.
- Drag the other endpoint to another shape as above.
Pipeline style is changeable if you need a special line weight or arrow direction. Go to Home tab Line button to set the wire style.
4. Add data to a shape by double-clicking on the shape.
Print: When a basic electrical diagram is done, it's easy to print and share with more people. On the file menu, point to Print to set for print options. You can change settings with fewer clicks and see the print preview in real time.
Export: Edraw offers support for exporting your diagram to various formats, including Microsoft Office, PDF, and many other graphic formats. On the File menu, point to Export & Send for Export options.
More Features Making Edraw the Best Electrical Diagram Software
- Edraw has built in a set of nice looking themes with advanced effects. It's easy to change the whole diagram by changing the active theme with just a few clicks. You don't have to be professional in designing.
- All Edraw documents are vector graphic files with high clarity and available for reviewing and modifying.
- A set of smart tools are provided for automatic formatting. You can easily arrange, rotate, group and align objects with these smart tools.
- Edraw offers various customization options, using which you can adjust line width, line color, line style, font size, font style, text color, and much more.
- It's easy to add photos, images and edit text fields.
Here is a complete example of electrical diagram created by Edraw.
EdrawMax: a swiss knife for all your diagramming need
- Effortlessly create over 280 types of diagrams.
- Provide various templates & symbols to match your needs.
- Drag and drop interface and easy to use.
- Customize every detail by using smart and dynamic toolkits.
- Compatible with a variety of file formats, such as MS Office, Visio, PDF, etc.
- Feel free to export, print, and share your diagrams.