How to Create a Relationship Matrix
Relationship matrices are commonly used by project managers handling projects with a multitude of processes and people that require managing. It helps with understanding the relationships between each element or data set.
Relationship matrices can compare two or more pieces of data, or data within a single group. They can be used to compare data, people, equipment, and materials, amongst other thing.
A relationship matrix is best used for identifying the causes of problems, comparing the solutions to them, and identifying areas for improvement in a project or process.
Step 1: Start EdrawMax.
Step 2: Navigate to [New]>[Project Management]>[Relationship Matrix]
- If you want to add or remove rows and columns, you can click the shape and you will see a floating button, through which you can add or remove rows and columns. If you have not seeen the action button, check the "Action Button" option in the "View" menu.
- If you want to change the shape size, you can click the shape, and the green and yellow handles will show up. Then, please drag the green handles so that you can change the size of the shape. There are three yellow control handles, through the one on the top you can change the height and tilt angle of the upper part, while through the other two you can change the size of the columns.
- If you want to add a legend box, you can add a legend box from the library to show the symbols' meanings.
Step 3: Select one relationship matrix template to edit on it or click the [+] sign to start from scratch.
Step 4: You can export the file to Graphics, PDF, editable MS Office file, SVG and Visio vsdx file.
Step 5: And you can share your diagram with others via social media and online website page.
According to this article, there are mainly two parts to illustrate what is relationship matrix and to tell you how to create a relationship matrix easily with EdrawMax.
EdrawMax is an easiest all-in-one diagramming tool, you can create relationship matrices and any other type diagrams with ease! With ready-made relationship matrix symbols and cliparts, making relationship matrices could be as simple as possible. Also, it supports to export your work in multiple formats and share your work with others. Get started to create your relationship matrices now!
All-in-One Diagram Software
- Superior file compatibility: Import and export drawings to various file formats, such as Visio
- Cross-platform supported (Windows, Mac, Linux, Web)