How to Create a House of Quality Diagram
A quality function deployment (QFD) is an essential tool used by businesses to determine what needs to be done to meet their customer's needs and expectations. It is represented as a matrix where criteria is scored. There can also be comparisons of criteria against competitors. A QFD is sometimes referred to as a house of quality, due to it being shaped like a house.
QFDs can benefit businesses by showing them what what customers actually think and want. This leads them to respond directly to the customer's demands and create products that benefit them. This can lead to technological advancements that are practical to society as a whole. it also means that companies are wasting less time on resources on projects that aren't needed.
Step 1: Start EdrawMax.
Step 2: Navigate to [New]>[Management]>[House of Quality]
Step 3: Select one house of quality diagram template to edit on it or click the [+] sign to start from scratch.
Step 4: You can export the file to Graphics, PDF, editable MS Office file, SVG and Visio vsdx file.
Step 5: And you can share your diagram with others via social media and online website page.
- If you want to add or remove rows and columns, you can click the shape and you will see a floating button, through which you can add or remove rows and columns.
- If you want to change the shape size, you can click the shape, and the green and yellow handles will show up. Then, please drag the green handles so that you can change the size of the shape. There are three yellow control handles, through the one on the top you can change the height and tilt angle of the upper part, while through the other two you can change the size of the columns.
- If you want to add symbols, you can drag a required symbol from the library and approach to the matrix shape. When the symbol gets to the right position, the blue X will turn red. Release your mouse, and the symbol will be glued with the box. Each symbol has more than one styles inside, you can click the symbol and choose more options through the floating button. The color of the symbol is changeable. Select a symbol and go to Home menu, Fill button to change the color. Read Fills, Shadows and Patterns to learn more about the fill function.
- If you want to add correlation shape, you can follow the above steps because the correlation shape can be added and modified at the same way.
According to this article, there are mainly three parts to illustrate what is house of quality diagram, to tell you how to create a house of quality diagram easily with EdrawMax, and to introduce some basic tools of EdrawMax to you.
EdrawMax is an easiest all-in-one diagramming tool, you can create house of quality diagrams and any other type diagrams with ease! With ready-made house of quality diagram symbols and cliparts, making house of quality diagrams could be as simple as possible. Also, it supports to export your work in multiple formats and share your work with others. Get started to create your house of quality diagrams now!
EdrawMax: a swiss knife for all your diagramming need
- Effortlessly create over 280 types of diagrams.
- Provide various templates & symbols to match your needs.
- Drag and drop interface and easy to use.
- Customize every detail by using smart and dynamic toolkits.
- Compatible with a variety of file formats, such as MS Office, Visio, PDF, etc.
- Feel free to export, print, and share your diagrams.