Home Wiring Plan Software - Making Wiring Plans Easily
Create Home Wiring Plan With Built-in Elements
Before wiring your home, a wiring diagram is necessary to plan out the locations of your outlets, switches, lights, and how you will connect them.
As an all-inclusive floor plan software, Edraw contains an extensive range of electrical and lighting symbols, which makes drawing a wiring plan a piece of cake. As the picture shows below, it's an easy wiring plan maker with an intuitive interface. If you are not drawing professionals and don't need complicated drawing as CAD, this is your best choice!
Edraw Max: a swiss knife for all your diagramming need
- Effortlessly create over 280 types of diagrams.
- Provide various templates & symbols to match your needs.
- Drag and drop interface and easy to use
- Customize every detail by using smart and dynamic toolkits.
- Compatible with a variety of file formats, such as MS Office, Visio, PDF, etc.
- Feel free to export, print and share your diagrams.
Symbols Required for Home Wiring Plan
The built-in symbol library in the software contains the most often used symbols for wiring plan such as lightings, switches, sockets, and some special appliances such as ceiling fan, doorbell, smoke detector, monitor, and alarm. A home wiring plan is usually created based on the basic floor plan structure. Therefore, the basic floor plan symbols, such as walls, furniture, and appliances, are also necessary.
You can discover more electrical symbols for circuit design.
Electrical and Telecoms
Wall, Shell and Structure
How to Make a Home Wiring Plan
Creating a home wiring plan is easy with Edraw. To open a new drawing page, navigate to the built-in template center, choose Building Plan, and double-click one of the Electrical and Telecom Plan templates to start drawing.
- To open the corresponding libraries,click Library icon -> Floor Plan, you will find a list of floor plan symbol libraries and just choose to add what you want to use.
- Drag and drop the required shapes into the canvas to create your wiring plan.
- Use the quick and powerful formattting tools in Edraw Max and change the color or styles of the lines and symbols,
- When finished, you can export the drawing to different formats, including PDF, Html, Word, Excel, PPT, Visio, PNG, JPG, etc.
Wiring Plan Examples
Below are some wiring plan examples which you can download and use as templates. When you download and open an example, the required symbol libraries, such as lighting, electrical, and telecom, are already open. Therefore, it's even quicker if you start with these templates.