Create A Text-only Shape
1. Click the Text tool in the Basic Tools group of Home tab.
2. Click anywhere on the drawing page and drag until the text block is the size you want.
3. Type the text.
- When you start typing, Edraw creates a text-only shape.
- When you finish typing,
click outside the text block.
Text block: The text area associated with a shape that appears when you click the shape with the text tool or select it with the pointer tool.
- To delete a text-only shape, use the Selection tool to select the shape, and then press Delete.
- If the view hasn't zoomed to 100%, Edraw will zoom back to 100% when you type.
Type Text in A Shape
1. Select the shape, and then type the text.
2. When you finish typing, click outside the text block.
Some Tips in Typing Texts
To type text in a shape, you can also:
1. Double-click the shape, and then type the text.
2. Select the shape and click the Text tool on the standard toolbar.
3. If you want to edit the text block inside the group shapes, you can click the Text tool. This may be helpful to select which text block you want.
- For straight line and connect line, there are three text blocks at the beginning, middle and end of the line.
- There may be more than one text block in one shape. When you double click the shape to type the text, the nearest text block from double click point will be selected.