Shlaer-Mellor OOA Diagram Software
Edraw contains special shapes and settings for creating Shlaer-Mellor OOA diagrams.
In Edraw Professional, the Shlaer-Mellor OOA templates and shapes are in the Software folder.
Edraw is a very easy-to-use and intuitive database design tool and Shlaer-Mellor OOA diagramming tool which can save you hundreds hours of work.
Edraw is not only an excellent tool for database & ER Diagram, but also the one that allows you to design flowchart, program structures, create detailed HTML or PDF reports.
Who Can Use Them and How
- Software developers: Diagram Shlaer-Mellor OOA in object-oriented programming.
- Software designers: Show the relationship between objects and the interfaces they reference.
Shlaer-Mellor OOA Symbols
Given the presence of four Edraw object-oriented diagram templates, and the fact that many of the diagramming methods contribute to UML emerging as a standard, it is instructive to review each template and note its features.
Free Download OOA Diagram Software and View All Examples
Examples of Shlaer-Mellor OOA
Sally Shlaer and Stephen Mellor
The Shlaer/Mellor method is considered an older technique that should be used in existing projects that have not migrated to UML. The major components of this model include:
- Domain chart - used to partition the system into domains and subsystems.
- Information Model - used to build a static analysis model of a system. This shows objects, relationships, and inheritance structures, and define class attributes and methods. Designate primary keys and formalize relationships.
- State model - used to analyze the object's behavior over time.
- Process Diagram, or Action Data Flow Diagram, for an action shown in the State Model.
- Object Communication Model (OCM) - summarizes the asynchronous event communication between state models in the system.
- Object Access Model (OAM) - summarizes the synchronous communication between state models and object instance data.
Works on Windows 7, 8, 10, XP, Vista and Citrix
Works on 32 and 64 bit Windows
Works on Mac OS X 10.2 or later
Free Download UML Diagram Software and View All Examples