Fishbone diagram is actually a metaphorical saying of cause-and-effect diagram. A fishbone diagram is a visualized tool for categorizing the potential causes of a problem to identify the root causes, and helps employees avoid solutions that merely address the symptoms of a much larger problem. No matter in meetings, group discussions or presentations, a fishbone diagram gives you a leg up in getting organized and better prepared to analyze a problem clearly.
1. On the File menu, click New, click Business Diagram, and double click Fishbone template. A new drawing page will open.
2. Go to the library pane on the left of the canvas. From the library of Cause and Effect Diagram, drag fishbone shapes onto the canvas.
3. When you connect shapes, there are auto connection points which will glue the shapes together.
4. To represent major causes contributing to the categories, drag Primary cause shapes onto the drawing page and snap the arrowheads to category lines.
5. To represent secondary causes contributing to primary causes, drag Secondary cause shapes onto the drawing page and snap the arrowheads to primary cause lines.
Download Fishbone Diagram Software:
Edraw offers support for exporting your diagram to various formats in one click, including Microsoft Office, PDF, and many other graphic formats. On the File menu, click Export and Send for Export options.