Create ER Diagram for Word
Definition of ER Diagram
As a tool of illustrating business process, Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN) works in the form of a diagram similar to flowcharts. On occasions people need to define and analyze business processes, BPMN provide them with professional and easy-to-read notation to get clear.
Introduction of BPMN for Word Maker
Working as a kind of flowchart, an Entity Relationship（ER）Diagram illustrates how entities such as people, objects or concepts relate to each other within a system. ER Diagrams mainly serve to design or debug relative databases in software engineering, business information systems, education and research. A definite set of symbols are used in ER Diagram to represent the interconnection of entities, relationships and their attributes. .
Download ER Diagram Maker for Free:
Guidance to Draw ER Diagram for Word with Edraw Max
Creating an ER diagram requires only a few steps. Follow the instruction below:
- Go to the File menu, find Database, choose an ER diagram type and start.
- The ER diagram symbols library will open automatically on the left, providing a defined set of symbols commonly used in ER diagram.
- Drag a suitable shape for each entity or primary business concept relevant to your model.
- Getting related entities connected with Connector tool to indicate the relationship among elements. Set the appearance of the shapes at your will.
- Double click each shape or line to label the entity or relationship using text or a numeric notation.
- Set the arrangement of your ER diagram by using grid lines and quick Align and Distribute buttons.
- Apply a built in theme to your map to gain professional looking.
- Checkout and improve your ER Diagram with collaborator.
More Tips for ER Diagrams
- Show the level of detail necessary for your purpose. You might want to draw a conceptual, logical or physical model, depending on the detail needed.
- Be careful of superfluous symbols or relationships.
- Watch for loopholes in relationships or missing entities or attributes if you are dealing with a database problem.
- Assure that you add labels to all entities.
- Make sure the ER diagram supports all the data you need to store.
Export Your ER Diagram to Word File
ER Diagram is of great necessity in group brainstorm or discussion to design or debug certain databases. In such cases, a Word file matters a lot to those who don`t have Edraw Max installed on their computer. Click Export Office, choose MS Office Word file, and then save the diagram in this file. Your document can be opened in any computer on Word. It has to be mentioned that the exported ER Diagram is in a vector format so that everyone has it can edit it on their own Word.
More Examples of ER Diagram for Word
You may also like: