How to Create Excellent Newsletter
Start a Newsletter Drawing Page
Edraw is an excellent newsletter maker coming with extensive built-in newsletter templates. You can create a newsletter from scratch or from a ready made template.
1. On the File menu, point to New.
2. Click Presentation from the Template Category, and then select Newsletter icon.
3. To start from a bank page:
Double click the Newsletter icon to start a new drawing page.
To start from existing templates:
Click Newsletter, and from the corresponding Example Window, choose a newsletter template and double click it to edit.
Set up Page Size
Under this tool bar, you can set page size, page orientation, unit, ruler and grid, and so on.
Set Layout Grid
Now you need to develop a layout grid which sets page margins, divides your page into columns, and establishes areas to help position your text and pictures precisely.
Place a guide line:
Drag from the horizontal ruler to create a horizontal guide. Drag from the vertical ruler to create a vertical guide.
Move a guide line:
Click on the guide line once to select it and it will turn green. Position your pointer over the guide line, and drag the guide line to move it.
Lock a guide line:
First select it. From the Home tab, click Protect button, and from the pull-down menu choose X position or Y position.
You can hide or show rulers, guide lines, and grid lines under View tab.
Add Texts and Images
Edit Text Fields1. On the left of the canvas, from Form library, drag a text field and place it to the correct position.
2. Adjust the text field's width to fit with your lay out.
3. Input text and customize the font style under Home tab, Font menu.
1. Switch to Insert tab and click Picture button to insert pictures.
2. Browse for a desired image and click Insert. (Note: It will probably show up in a size and location that is far from ideal.)
3. Click and drag the corners of the image to resize it. Click and drag the image itself to move it to the correct area.
How to Export the Newsletter to other Formats
1. Click the File Menu.
2. Click Export & Send.
3. Choose a format and export the newsletter.
1. Click the File Menu.
2. Click Print.
3. Set the print options and print the newsletter.
A Newsletter Example
Edraw has elaborately designed a collection of delicate Newsletter examples and templates. Go to the template pages and get free downloads.