How to Create a Bar Chart
Bar chart is simple and popular method to visualize data. It show the comparison of one or more series of data points very effectively. And the clustered bar chart is especially useful in comparing multiple data series. But how to make bar chart? If you are not skilled at coding, you can try this simple and intuitive way that every one could learn in just minutes.
Create Bar Charts from Templates
Edraw has included many blank bar chart templates to ease bar charting. These templates are well-designed and fully editable. You don't need to bother about drawing bar and axis. Just input your data and description. It is that simple.
Besides the commonly used bar chart template, Edraw also offers 3D bar chart, stacked bar chart and 100% bar chart templates.
Clustered bar and 3D clustered bar
Stacked bar and 3D stacked bar
100% stacked bar and 3D 100% stacked bar
Build Bar Chart through Easy Editor
The buil-in bar chart shapes are designed with easy point-and-click editor. This editor helps users make modifications extremely easily. Choose the shape, a floating button shows automatically. Rest the cursor over the floating button and then you can see its drop-down menu. See below.
From the drop-down list, you could do lots of quick commands:
- Add a Category: Add as much category as you want simply by clicking on the "Add a Category" option.
- Delete a Category: Delete a category is as easy as above.
- Set Category Number: Enter a value to quickly set the category number; the minimum value is 1.
- Set Series Number: Enter a value to quickly set the series number; the minimum value is 1.
- Set Max Value: Click "Set Max Value" to input the max value of your bar chart.
- Hide Data Labels: Through this option, you can choose to show or hide the data labels.
- Hide Legend: Through this option, you can choose to show or hide legend.
- Show Legend on Right Side: You can choose to show the legend on the right side or on the bottom.
- Appearance Options: Click this button, a dialogue will pop up with more options. You can set "data label position", "data precision", "data format", "prefix unit", "unit", "category interval", "hide/show axis", "axis tick number", and "axis label orientation".
Draw a Bar Chart Amazingly Easily
Open the Bar Chart Template from the Chart library. Drag a suitable template from library to start your bar chart. You can edit the bar chart template easily through the poin-and-click editor.
1. Edit Bar Chart Data
Double click value text on bar to edit the chart data, the bar width changes according to the rate of bar value and axis max value.
Note: In 100% stacked bar chart you cannot edit the bar percentage value directly. You need to select the category sub shape and drag the yellow diamond handle to change the bar width and percentage value.
2. Change Bar Height
Select the chart > Vertically move the yellow diamond handle on the edge of the first category.
3. Set Bar Fill Style
Select a series of sub shape in any category or a legend sub shape > Change the selected shape fill style, then Edraw applies the fill style to all of the series shapes.
4. Change the Category Interval
Click Change the Interval on chart action menu to set the value, the interval value should be greater than or equal to 0.
Various Color Themes for Diversified Bar Chart
A great variety of bar chart styles and color schemes produce quality bar charts fitting for any purpose. From cylinder bar chart, 3d bar chart, highlight bar chart to gradient bar chart; we cover almost every style.
Create Bar Chart for Excel, PowerPoint and Word
When you complete the bar chart, you can save it as the project file for revision later. You can export it to MS Word, Excel or PowerPoint with one click on the Export button in the quick access toolbar. You can also print it or export it in the html, pdf, svg, transparent png format.
Here are 2 bar chart examples for your reference. If the topic is need what you need to illustrate. Download it for free to present your ideas.
Bar Chart Example - City Temperature
You are allowed to download and use this editable bar chart template to design your own bar charts.
Download City Temperature Bar Chart Templates in PDF Format
Download City Temperature Bar Chart Templates in Editable Format
Bar Chart Example - Time Distribution
This chart will help present a fresh look for your presentation. Download and save the template for your future use.
Download Daily Time Distribution Templates in PDF Format
Download Daily Time Distribution Templates in Editable Format