A Shortcut to Construct Circular Diagram
A circular diagram's advantage compared to linear ones lies in its cyclical nature of inputs and outputs, without dead-end within the sub processes. To maximize its effect, we suggest you to do the following preparation before starting to draw. See how to create a circular chart from this video: Video Tutorial - How to Create a Circular Diagram
Preparation before Creating Circular DiagramResearch
What is the topic you want to visualize by a circular diagram? A deep understanding of it will facilitate your presentation process. Find more materials to support your idea.
How many phases are included in the cycle? What is their sequence and how are they connected? Do you need to put more description in the diagram to illustrate each phase in detail? If you do, collect and collate them.
Simple Steps to Create a Circular Diagram
Open the Stencil
After you start Edraw, you can find the circular templates in the Business Diagram category. Double click the Circular Diagram icon to open a blank drawing page and the related stencils.
Create Circular Diagrams from Templates
There are a wide variety of ready-made templates for instant start. You can choose arrow style, stack circles, pie or ring style. See the below image.
Configure the Circular Diagram
Now let's have a look at another template - Circle 4.
- Add or delete a segment by clicking the floating menu.
- Click the shape, after a few seconds or longer, click a subshape (the interval is longer than double click). Note that when a subshape is selected, the selection points turn blue. While the whole shape is selected, the selection points are green. Replace the fill color of sub shape by clicking a color in the color bar.
Change Gap Size
To emphasize the central topic, you can enlarge the gad size. This can be illustrated by Circle 6.
- Click on the outer ring twice to select it. A yellow control handle appears.
- Drag the yellow handle outwards to increase gap size. The ring width decreases at the same time.
You can edit this templates for more possibilities. One template can be edited in many ways to form a wide variety of new styles.
- Click the floating menu to add more rings.
- Select a certain ring to change its segment number. Each ring has it own floating menu.
- Change the color of subshapes of any ring.
- Change the gap between rings and the width or rings by dragging corresponding control handles.
Insert and Format Text
Change Circle Size
Download Edraw Circular Diagram Software: