Create a Basic Network Diagram - Perfect Network Diagram Design Software Free Download
How to Create Basic Network Diagram
With Edraw Network Diagram, it is easy to create basic network diagrams and other network topologies.
- On the Ribbon menu, point to New, point to Choose Drawing Type..., and then click Basic Network Diagram in the Network Category.
- From Network and Peripherals, drag a Ring network or Ethernet shape onto the drawing page.
- From Computers and Monitors or Network and Peripherals, drag network device shapes onto the drawing page.
Attach devices to the Ring network or Ethernet shape using the shape's built-in connectors.
- Click the Ring network or Ethernet shape.
Place the pointer over a control handle .
When the pointer changes to a four-headed arrow, drag it to a
connection point on one of the device shapes.
When the device shape is correctly connected to the Ring network or Ethernet shape, the connection point turns red, indicating that it is glued.
Tip: To hide an unused connector, drag the control handle back to the Ring network or Ethernet shape.
- To add text to a network shape, click the shape and type. To move the text, drag the control handle .
To store data with a shape, right-click the shape, click Properties, and in the Custom Properties window, type
values for the data you want to store.
After you've entered the data, you can generate reports.
- On the Tools menu, click Reports.
In the Report list, click the name of the
report definition (report
definition: The definition of a property report that determines
which shapes are used to generate the report, what custom properties
are included, and how the information in the report is sorted.)
you want to use.
Tip: If you don't see the report definition you're looking for, clear the Show only drawing-specific reports check box, or click Browse and navigate to the location of the report definition.
To modify an existing report definition before generating a report, select the report definition, click Modify, and then follow the instructions in the Report Definition wizard.
To create a new report definition, click New, and then follow the instructions in the Report Definition wizard.
Click Run, and then in the Run
Report dialog box, select the report format you want.
- To save your report as a Web page, click HTML.
- To create your report in a Microsoft Office Excel spreadsheet, click Excel.
- To save your report as an Excel spreadsheet embedded in a shape in your drawing, click Visio shape.
- To save your report as an XML file, click XML.
You must have Microsoft Office Excel installed in order to save your report as an Excel spreadsheet or as an embedded shape in your drawing.
Do one of the followings:
If you are saving your report as a Visio shape on the
drawing, select whether to save a copy of the report definition
with the shape or link to the report definition.
TipIf you plan on sharing your drawing with others, select Copy of report definition so that others can see the report.
- If you are saving your report as an HTML or XML file, type a name for the report definition.
- If you are saving your report as a Visio shape on the drawing, select whether to save a copy of the report definition with the shape or link to the report definition.
- Click OK.
- To change the set of colors used in your diagram, right-click the page, and then click Color Schemes.
- To number the shapes in your diagram, on the Tools menu, point to Add-Ons, point to Visio Extras, and then click Number Shapes. On the General tab, choose the options you want, click OK, and then select the shapes you want to number.