Work breakdown structure is a detailed, hierarchical tree structure of deliverables and tasks that need to be performed to complete a project. The purpose of a WBS is to identify the actual tasks to be done in a project. WBS serves as the basis for much of project planning. Work breakdown structure is, perhaps, the most common project management tool.
Edraw Max provides an approach to visually and graphically create, edit and modify work breakdown structure diagram. In the Project Management category, you can double click the Business Matrix icon. The relative business matrix templates will be opened in the symbol panel. project plans
The following wbs templates are free to reuse and redesign. All symbols are vector and smart.
The designer can edit data in the WBS symbols, add hyperlink, add row, remove row, change style, etc.
The designer can use the table tools to change the symbol style easily.
Edraw software can also export the word breakdown structure diagram to MS Word, text, pdf or graphic formats.
Click here to free download WBS Software. Then you can use the build-in templates and examples to create and present your word breakdown structure chart rapidly.
To create a basic work breakdown structure diagram, you can drag and drop the WBS symbols onto the page then connect them.
But if you want to create a wbs diagram then export to other program as data, you need start with the following steps.
1. Start the Edraw, click the Mind Map drawing type.
2. Drag a mind map shapes you like from the mind map shape template.
3. Change the arrangement direction of the symbol to Bottom.
4. click the quick action button to add sub topics.
5. After you create the work breakdown structure diagram, you can click the Export to MS Word button. The program will export the data structure to MS Word automatically.