Edraw UML Diagram Software is professional for creating UML activity diagram to describe dynamic aspects of the system.
This article will provide you a step-by-step guideline about how to create UML activity diagram and hope it can help you know UML activity diagram better.
What is UML Activity Diagram
UML Activity diagram is a visual representation of workflows of stepwise activities and actions with support for choice, iteration and concurrency. The activity can be described as an operation of the system. The purposes of it are describing a business process or a flow of work between users and system, depicting the sequence from one activity to another and describing the parallel, branched and concurrent flow of the system.
How to Create UML Activity Diagram
Following are detailed steps to create UML activity diagram.
- Run the software and open a blank drawing page.
- Drag and drop relevant UML symbols from left libraries or click the floating buttons to add automatically.
- Double click the symbols and add the activity information.
- Connect UML symbols with correct arrows in order.
- Browse your computer and choose a location to save your diagram.
Here is the created UML activity diagram example for you
What to Create UML Activity Diagram
Edraw UML Diagram Software, gets more popularity among people because of its following handy features.
- Thousands of standard UML symbols for dragging and dropping. No drawing skills required.
- Abundant UML templates for free downloading and customizing to meet different demands.
- Resourceful data can be inserted by adding hyperlinks, note, and attachments.
Where to Use UML Activity Diagram
UML activity diagram is suitable for modeling the activity flow of the system. It can capture theses systems and depicts how one system flows to another. And it is usually applied to following situations.
- Modeling work flow by using activities.
- Modeling business requirements.
- High level understanding of the system's functionality.
- Investigate business requirements at a later stage.
More UML Diagrams Types
Except for UML activity diagram, Edraw UML Diagram Software can also create some other UML diagram types, such as UML use case, UML package diagram, UML class diagram and so on. Below are some examples of them.
UML Diagram Examples
Get Started! You Will Love This Easy-To-Use Diagram Software.
Edraw Max is perfect not only for professional-looking flowcharts, organizational charts, mind maps, but also network diagrams, floor plans, workflows, fashion designs, UML diagrams, electrical diagrams, science illustration, charts and graphs... and that is just the beginning!