Matrix Organizational Chart
To some extent, the matrix organizational structure is a combination of two or more types of basic organizational structures. Apart from hierarchy, the employees develop their own projects and organize a team to work on them, so the workers usually have to report their work to two supervisors -- the functional manager and the project manager.
OrgCharting - An Intuitive Organizational Chart Maker
- Make professional org charts automatically with a few steps (no design skills are required)
- Ideal for workforce planning, prioritizing and management
- Provide professionally-designed org chart templates to get started quickly
- Powerful data import and resynchronization to freely manage org charts
- Work on the same org chart with your teammates at any time, on any device
- Present, export and share your org chart at ease
The matrix organizational chart is more complex than other basic organizational charts, such as functional organizational chart, divisional organizational chart and hierarchical organizational chart. Using a matrix organizational structure can be of great help. And one of the reasons is that communication is very open and convenient in such a structure so that the knowledge and skills can be shared widely with fewer barriers, and cooperation is also promoted among the employees.
However, since a team member needs to be subject to two managers -- the functional manager and the project manager, there might be some unavoidable conflicts between these two managers, which will lead to unfavorable impacts on the team.
Do you want to see more matrix organizational charts or other org charts? Feel free to search on our website or free download our Edraw Orgcharting and use the built-in templates and shapes to create what you want.
Click here to free download Org Chart Software. Then you can use the built-in templates to create your Matrix Organizational Charts in minutes.