Need to use Visio but hate its high cost? You can find a data flow diagram Visio alternative instead. To benefit Mac users, Edraw has newly released a Mac version allowing users to create data flow diagram easily on Mac OS X system. More functions and resources at lower price, why not? Try it for free right now.
Download Data Flow Diagram Software to Work on Mac:
Edraw is a vector based diagramming software containing similar features with Visio that includes more shapes, templates and online resources. It helps users to easily design data flow diagrams with ready-made symbols and templates. The data flow diagram symbols are fully customizable. The interface assembles Microsoft Word, thus very easy to use. With this Visio-like program, users can develop professional data flow diagram in a way faster than you think.
1. Keep it simple; 5-7 processes is a good guide; no more than 7 - 9 processes in each DFD. If a process involves complex sub-process, start a new diagram and connect the 2 diagrams with hyperlink.
2. Number the process. Showing the sequence is useful in identifying the processes when discussing with users.
3. Label the process properly and concisely to increase readability.
4. Data stores should not be connected to an external entity because it would mean that you're giving an external entity direct access to your data files.
5. Data flows should not exist between 2 external entities without going through a process.
6. Loops are not allowed.
7. A process is not an analog of a decision in a systems or programming flowchart. Hence, a dataflow should not be a control signal. Control signals are modeled separately as control flows.
We offer some editable data flow diagram templates and examples to get you inspired. Get started as soon as possible with your preferable template, fill in your own content, customize, export, upload or print it as you like.
|Library Management Data Flow||Reservation Data Flow||Sales Management Data Flow|
Besides data flow diagram, it also does well on mind map, floor plan, infographics, org chart, business form, fishbone diagram, BPMN, timeline, network diagram, and so on.