Understand flowchart is necessary to improve a process
Flowcharts are maps or graphical representations of a process.
There are many varieties of flowcharts and scores of symbols that you can use. Experience has shown that there are three main types that work for almost all situations:
map only the
in a process
giving a good
- Deployment flowcharts organize the flowchart by columns, with each column representing a person or department involved in a process.
The trouble spots in a process usually begin to appear as a team constructs a detailed flowchart.
When to Use Flowchart
- Use it when analyzing or defining a process to detail the actions and decisions within it.
- Use it when looking for potential problem points in a process flowchart.
- Use it when investigating the performance of a process, to help identify where and how it is best measured.
- Use it as a communication or training aid, to explain or agree the detail of the process.