Document Management Procedure Flowchart
How to make a document management procedure flowchart? Look at the following tips and examples, from which you might get a clue.
Every company must have a standardized procedure for issuing and managing documents. In order to let every individual of the company know the clear process on how to issue a document and where to get a certain document, the following flowcharts are presented. They can be downloaded and used as templates for making your own document management procedure flowchart.
How to Draw Document Management Procedure Flowchart?
1. Before drawing, make these things clear:
- Identify which functional department is responsible for drafting documents.
- Make it clear who has the authority to sign and approve the documents.
- Know where the documents will be archived.
- Know what to do if the document needs to get obsoleted.
2. It's essential to draft your flowchart on a paper before designing with software.
3. Find a flowchart drawing program if you don't have one.
It's better to use a professional flowchart software instead of using word or excel, because flowchart software already contains what you need for drawing flowchart, and it's more easy and straightforward to use.
4. Start to draw the flowchart.
Document Management Procedure Flowchart Example - Swimlane Style
Document Management Procedure Flowchart Example - Standard Style
Document Management Principles
- The documents have to be formally managed with relation to content, naming, numbering, and
- The procedure flowchart is developed to ensure that the co-workers, employees and persons in charge have complete, correct and consistent information and instruction.
- Documents should be numbered orderly so that others could easily find.
- New documents must be passed through the approval procedure before issue.
- The draft documents have no significance to work in progress until they are signed and activated.
Document Management Workflow
Edraw flowchart maker is designed to produce visual, creative and professional flowchart with built-in symbols and templates. By using smart drawing tools, automatic connectors and the complete set of flowchart symbols, you can create flow charts of processes, algorithms and procedures with just a few minutes.
Download Full Software Package and View More Examples for Free:
More Flowchart Usages:
Quality Control Flowchart
Inventory Management Flowchart