How to Create Relationship Matrix Diagram
A matrix diagram shows the relationship between two, three or four groups of information. It also can give information about the relationship, such as its strength, the roles played by various individuals or measurements. Though intricate, it's capable in analyzing relationships with clients, suppliers, service providers, stakeholders and staff. With Edraw Relationship Matrix template, you can easily create a professional looking relationship matrix diagram.
If you want to learn more about relationship matrix diagram, please go to complete relationship matrix diagram guide page to get more details.
Start to Create a Relationship Matrix Diagram
Open Edraw, on the start page find Project Management category and double click Relationship Matrix template to get into the drawing page.
Video Tutorial - Add Markers to Relationship Matrix
Relationship Matrix Symbols
On the left of the drawing page, you can find all the shapes and symbols for Relationship Matrix Diagram in the library.
Drag a Pre-made Matrix Shape to Start Drawing
Simply drag a relationship matrix shape you would like to use from the library, and drop on the drawing page.
Add or Remove Rows and Columns
Click the shape and you will see a floating button, through which you can add or remove rows and columns. If you have not seeen the action button, check the "Action Button" option in the "View" menu.
Change the Shape Size
1. Click the shape, and the green and yellow handles will show up.
2. Drag green handles you can change the size of the shape.
3. There are three yellow control handles, through the one on the top you can change the height and tilt angle of the upper part, while through the other two you can change the size of the columns.
Edit Labels of Rows and Columns
Add text to the rows and columns labels by double clicking the boxes and typing.
The symbols are dynamic, which can be snapped and glued with the matrix together.
1. Drag a required symbol from the library and approach to the matrix shape, and each box will appear a blue X.
2. When the symbol gets to the right position, the blue X will turn red.
3. Release your mouse, and the symbol will be glued with the box.
4. Each symbol has more than one styles inside, you can click the symbol and choose more options through the floating button.
5. The color of the symbol is changeable. Select a symbol and go to Home menu, Fill button to change the color. Read Fills, Shadows and Patterns to learn more about the fill function.
Add a Legend Box
Add a legend box from the library to show the symbol meaning.