Leaflet Design Basic Steps
Start a Leaflet Drawing Page
Edraw is an excellent leaflet maker coming with extensive built-in leaflet templates. You can create a leaflet from scratch or from a ready made template.
1. On the File menu, point to New.
2. Click Presentation from the Template Category, and then select Leaflet icon.
3. To start from a bank page:
Double click the Leaflet icon to start a new drawing page.
To start from existing templates:
Click Leaflet icon, and from the corresponding Example Window, choose a leaflet template and double click it to edit.
Set Layout Grid
First you need to develop a layout grid which sets page margins, divides your page into columns, and establishes areas to help position your text and pictures precisely.
Place a guide line:
Drag from the horizontal ruler to create a horizontal guide. Drag from the vertical ruler to create a vertical guide.
Move a guide line:
Click on the guide line once to select it and it will turn green. Position your pointer over the guide line, and drag the guide line to move it.
Lock a guide line:
First select it. From the Home tab, click Protect button, and from the pull-down menu choose X position or Y position.
You can hide or show rulers, guide lines, and grid lines under View tab.
Add Texts and Images
Edit Text Fields1. On the left of the canvas, from Form library, drag a text field and place it to the right position.
2. Adjust the text field's width to fit with your lay out.
3. Input text and customize the font style under Home tab, Font menu.
1. Switch to Insert tab and click Picture button to insert pictures.
2. Adjust the picture's size to fit your design.
3. Drag and place the picture to the exact position. You can use arrow keys to nudge the picture into position.
Add Built-in Illustration
Edraw has included a large collection of vectorial illustrations and many diagram types that you can use in your leaflet.
1. Click Library button on the top left corner of the canvas.
2. From the pull-down menu click illustration. Many sub categories will appear. Click a desired one to open, and all illustrations in this category will show in the library pane.
3. Drag and drop an illustration to the correct area. You can use arrow keys to nudge the picture into position.
Draw a clipart or shape:To draw a clipart, go to Symbols tab, and use Pen Tool or Pencil Tool to make custom graphics. Or you can also open Library -> General -> Basic Drawing Shapes to use ready made drawing shapes.
Export the Leaflet to other Formats
1. Click the File Menu.
2. Click Export & Send.
3. Choose a format and export the leaflet.
1. Click the File Menu.
2. Click Print.
3. Set the print options and print the leaflet.
A Brochure Example
Edraw has elaborately designed a collection of delicate Brochure examples and templates. Go to the template pages and get free downloads.