Tips to Use Images or Other Visuals
Tips to Apply Visual Aids in Communication
Here are some simple yet effective tips to help you prepare for a speech contest. If not used properly, an image will be a distraction instead of an enhancement of communication. If you are not experienced in visual communication, pay attention to the following tips.
- Images are just an aid to communication, not its sum or substance.
- The purpose of using visual materials is to visualize and simplify concepts. If the image is hard to understand then it is not suitable.
- Some images may be ambiguous. Add a caption to explain it when necessary.
- Make sure to reference the image properly.
- Choose visuals whose colors are coordinated with your slide.
- Face and talk to the audience, not the visual aid.
- Be prepared to deliver your presentation without visual aids. The projector or other facilities may go wrong. Have a hard copy of your slides.
Good Examples of Using Visuals
Take a look at some excellent examples of using visual materials.
|Decrease Stress Mindmap||Quote from Audrey Hepburn||Skincare Market Trends|