Ultimate Tutorial - Process Modeling with BPMN
BPMN - Business Process Modeling Notation
What is BPMN?
BPMN (Business Process Modeling Notation) is a standard for business process modeling and provides a graphical notation for business processes, its goal of BPMN is to support business process management for both technical users and business users.
BPMN Symbols for Process Modeling
You can find all kinds of shapes required for BPMN in the BPMN Shapes Library, like "Start", "Intermediate", "End", "Task", "Gateway", and various connecting objects, etc. With these symbols provided, you can create your own BPMN diagram easily. Go to BPMN - Definition, Elements and Purpose page to have a general knowledge about all symbols of all elements and their functions related to BPMN diagrams.
Types of BPMN Application
There are generally 3 types of BPMN diagrams used in business:
- 1. Private Business Processes / Internal Business Processes
- 2. Abstract Business Processes / Public Business Processes
- 3. Collaboration Business Processes / Global Business Process
How to Process Model with BPMN?
Start with a BPMN Diagram Template
Various free templates in Edraw helps you create BPMN diagram within a few minutes using massive built-in symbols. Go to "Available Templates" - "Flowchart" - "Business Process Modeling Notation", double click to start a new drawing page for your own BPMN diagram.
Click here to see the steps to draw a BPMN diagram in detail.
Benifits of Process Modeling with BPMN
- It provides a standard method for business processes for a business group,
- It makes it easier to share activity processes across organizations,
- It set strategic objectives with process,
- It brings greater visibility to the organization,
- It reduces costs and improve revenue streams.
BPMN Examples - Free Download and Customize
|BPMN Template for Call Complaint||BPMN Template for Book Selling||BPMN Template for Leave Request|