How to Set Layout of Org Charts - OrgCharting
Change the Overall Chart Layout
- Select the top box.
- Go to Home tab and click Layout button. Or go to the Right Side Panel, and click Layout button under Style section.
- Select the layout style of the overall org chart.
The Optimize Layout button in Home tab allows OrgCharting to apply the best style for your org chart which suits the width of the screen.
Horizontal and Vertical Distance
The distance between shapes is defaulted both horizontally and vertically. The unit of the distance is millimeter and the default value is 20 in both horizontal and vertical direction.
To adjust the default distance value, you can:
- Go to Home tab, click the up or down arrow to increase or decrease the distance.
- Press Enter to set the adjustment to your chart.
- Or type in the number you need in the blanks directly and press Enter.
- The maximum value is horizontal 200 and vertical 200, and the minimum is horizontal 20 and vertical 20.
- This function can only adjust the distance between all shapes on the whole.