How to Use Display Options - OrgCharting
Select a box and go to the Display Options on the right panel to open the Display Options menu. Display Options menu consosts of four parts - Apply Options, Display and Layout from the top to the bottom.
The Apply Options operation allows you to quickly set the range and locations of the changes in your chart. With a single mouse click, you can affect everything from the data in individual box to the look of selected boxes, same level boxes, all colleagues boxes, all subordinate boxes and even the entire chart.
The Display menu determines the visual appearance of the data in a box. It determines what is visible or not. To change this, check or uncheck the Show box on the right of each property.
Show Photos in a Box
- Select a box. Click the Display Option icon on the right panel.
- Tick the Show Photo box.
- Change the position of the photo by selecting the drop-down menu of Position. It determines where the photo will be aligned.
Change Box Size
You have two options to change a box size:
- Select a box, then drag and drop the blue connectors at the corners of the box to change its size.
- Select a box. Click the Display Option on the right panel to input the Width and Height figures.
Change Font for Each Data Field
The font of each data field in a box could be adjusted based on the following simple steps:
- Select a box. Click the Display Option on the right panel.
- Click the Font button to change a single data field.
The Layout option determines the layout and alignment of data inside a box.
The Vertical and Horizontal refers to the interval of the content blocks. The unit of the distance is millimeter and the default value is 5 in both horizontal and vertical direction.
To adjust the default distance value, you can:
- Click the up arrows and down arrows to increase or decrease the number.
- Press Enter to set your adjustment to your chart.
- Or input the number you need in the blanks directly and press Enter.
To change the distance between boxes of a certain part in the chart, select the certain boxes first and then follow the steps above.
Change Data Layout Inside a Box
- Select the target box, and the current data layout inside the box appears on the Layout window.
- Drag and drop the bars in the Layout window to realign corresponding current data elements in the box. The red line reminds where you can drop the bar.
- After you've finished the realignment, you can see the updated box in both the canvas and the Layout window.
In OrgCharting, you can add separation lines in between of two adjacent content sections.
- Hover the pointer on blank gaps between content sections and a black line appears.
- Click the black line, and a corresponding border appears in the box.