How to Customize Topic Shapes in Mind Map - MindMaster Software
You are allowed to customize topic shapes in terms of its appearance, shadow, border style, font and fill. The operations on shape fill are detailedly interpreted in another page.
When a shape is selected, the shape operating buttons will appear in a group on the Topic task pane on the right of the canvas.
Change Shape Appearance
You can add a designer-quality look to your shapes and polish them by applying a pre-set appearance to all of the shapes in your page.
- Click the shape style your preferred.
- Click on the Format icon to open the Format Task pane (to the right of the canvas).
- On the Format task pane, click on the Shape Style icon to choose your preferred appearance.
Change Shape Shadow
On the Format Task pane (to the right of the canvas), click the Shadow button , and then choose your preferred build-in shadow effect. This function allow you to change color, effect, or offset a shadow.
If you can not find your preferred ones above, click More.
To choose a color for the shadow, click Color in the Shadow dialogue box, and then click your preferred color. To change to a color that isn't in the theme colors, click More Colors, and then either click your preferred color on the Standard tab, or mix your own color on the Custom tab. Custom colors on the Standard tab will not be updated if you change the document theme latterly.
To specify how much you can see about the shadow, move the Transparency slider or enter a number in the box next to the slider. You can vary the percentage of transparency from 0 (fully opaque, the default setting) to 100 (fully transparent).
To specify the size of the shadow based on the original object, please move the Size slider or enter a value in the box next to the slider (object: a table, chart, graphic, equation, or other form of information). Objects which created in one format, for example spreadsheets, and linked or embedded in the other format are called OLE objects.
To set blur radius on the shadow, please move the Blur slider or enter a value in the box next to the slider. The larger the radius, the blurrier, or "fuzzier", the shape or line will be.
To specify the angle of your shadow, please move the Angle slider or enter a value in the box next to the slider. By using the Angle and Distance options together, you can place the shadow anywhere relative to the shape.
X Offset and Y Offset
To set a distance for an Angle of the shadow, please enter a value in the box next to the slider.
Change Shape Border Style
- Select the topic shape border you want to change.
- On the Format task pane (on the right of the canvas), in the Line group, you can click available icons by the following options:
- To change the border color, click the Color button , and then click your preferred color.
- To change the border weight, click the Weight button , and then choose your preferred line thickness.
- To change the border line style, click the Dashes button , and then click your preferred line style.
- To change the shape angle, click the Line Round button , and then click your preferred line angle.
Change Font of the Topic Texts
To change the font of topic texts, do the folllowing steps:
- Select a text or multiple text objects.
- Switch to Home tab, under Font group, click the Bold button to set font bold.
- You can also change text font name, font size, alignment, bullet, bold, italic, underline, line spacing, or text color.
Click the following buttons to achieve corresponding font effect:
- Bold the selected text.
- Italicize the selected text.
- Underline the selected text.
- Draw a line through the middle of the selected text.
- Align selected text to a special edge.
- Highlight the selected text.
- Change the text color.
- Enlarge font size.
- Narrow font size.
- Click this button for more options.
If you haven't selected any objects on a page, the setting will be applied as the default format. All new added shapes will be applied as the default format.