The inventor of mindmap, Tony Buzan suggests 10 guidelines for making an effective mindmap. These guidelines are very helpful.
Follow these guidelines to draw a characteristic mindmap with professional impact.
1. Start in the center with an image of the topic.
2. Use images, symbols, codes, and dimensions throughout your mindmap to make it rich and pictorial.
3. Select key words and print using upper or lower case letters.
4. Each word/image is best alone and sitting on its own line.
5. The lines should be connected, starting from the central image. The lines become thinner as they radiate out from the center.
6. Make the lines the same length as the word/image they support.
7. Use at least 3 colors. Using multiple colors throughout the mindmap is beneficial for visual effect and also for encoding or grouping.
8. Personalize your mindmapping with your own unique style.
9. Use emphasis and show associations in your mindmap. When you are finished mapping, carefully study the connections between shapes and try to refine the relationships.
10. Keep the mindmap clear by using radial hierarchy or outlines to embrace your branches.
Mindmap of Mindmap Guidelines
To conclude the above guidelines, it can be put in a mindmap so that you can understand it easily.