Tips to Know Yourself Better
Just as a famous Chinese philosopher said," knowing others is intelligence, knowing yourself is true wisdom." Knowing yourself including your character, aspiration and abilities is essential for a successful life. Here are some tips for self-discovery.
Keep Asking Questions about Yourself
Ask yourself these questions constantly to understand your inner world better.
- Who are you and who do you want to be? Life is like a stage, reflect on your current roles, how can you play these roles better. Then think about what roles do you want to gain in the future and how to get them.
- What do you like and what do you dislike? What kind of people do you love? What kind of people do you really hate?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of your personality?
- What are your long term and short term goals?
- What do you expect from others and the society. What can you give to other?
- Use the following checklist to record your self-discovery until you figure out all answers for the above questions.
Keep Trying New Things
Life is a journey. There are so many things waiting ahead for you. You may assume what you like and dislike. But sometimes your assumption may turn out wrong. You don't really know until you try it.
Set up Goals and Evaluate Your Performance
Set up your long term goals and short term goals. Don't just think about your goals. Write them down. People become lazy and tend to procrastinate easily. If you don't write the goals down and set a deadline to achieve them, you will soon forget them.
Every time when you complete a goal, check it. Evaluate the performance by rating it and make a detailed summary. In this way you can gain some experience and find out some effective methods to do things better.
Ask Others' Feedback
Your own comment on yourself is too subjective sometimes. Others' feedback are relatively more objective. But make sure to treat their feedback as a mirror, reflecting truly both the positive and negative sides.
Keep listening to your own voice. Every one is unique. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself. No matter what happen, just be who you are.
More Diagrams about Self-improvement
3D Personal SWOT Analysis
Must Read Books
You can visualize your self-analysis and other ideas in various diagrams. Edraw can help you achieve this purpose with its easy diagramming solutions.