Finding and Adding Symbols
About Finding Symbols
If you want additional symbols, you can quickly use the Find box to search for targed symbols without opening additional libraries. Find function searches the Edraw libraries that are installed on your hard drive, as well as new symbols that you've added to custom libraries.
Find Symbols in a Library
- Open the Library panel. If it's not already open, on the View tab, click Libraries button in the Panels group.
- In the Search box, type in the key words that describe the shape you want. Search box lays top of the Library panel. You can separate words with spaces.
- When you find the symbol you want, drag and drop it onto the drawing page.
- Click the Search button or press Enter.The results are added to a search results library. For example, to find shapes that represent
arrow and type arrow.
Open Additional Libraries
Click the button beside Search box to open all the built-in symbols libraries in Edraw,
Do one of the following steps:
- To open a custom library, if you've add your own library, point to your library, and then click a library.
- To open an Edraw library, point to a category folder, and then click a library.
- To open a new blank library to which you can add shapes, click New Library.
To load a library not existing in Edraw category, click Open Library.
Close a Library
Right-click the library title bar, and the following window appears:
You can choose to close a certain library or all libraries at a time.
If you make changes to any of the shapes on a custom library or add shapes to a custom library, you are prompted to save your changes.