Edraw Support Center
Get quick answers and step-by-step instructions in our support center.
Get Started with MindMaster
Operation on Topics
Insert or Add Elements
Mind Map Layout
Theme and Style
View Mind Map
|Main Idea (Central Topic)||Add Automatically|
|Topic / Sibling Topic||Enter|
|Topic before the selected topic||Shift + Enter|
|Subtopic||Insert / Ctrl + Enter|
|Parent Topic||Shift + Insert|
|Floating Topic||Alt + F|
|Multiple Topics||Ctrl + Shift + M|
Add Main Topics
You can add main topics via 4 ways:
- Press Enter key on the keyboard to quickly add main topics.
- Click the floating button beside Main Idea.
- Click Topic button on Home tab.
There are 3 options under Topic button:
- Topic (Enter): Insert a topic after the selected topic
- Topic Before (Shift + Enter): Insert a topic before the selected topic.
- Parent Topic (Shift + Insert): Insert a parent topic for a selected topic.
(Insert; Ctrl + Enter)
There are 4 ways to add subtopics.
- Select a topic and press Insert or Ctrl + Enter on the keyboard.
- Select a topic and click the floating button .
- Select a topic and click Subtopic button on Home tab
- Use Multiple Topics option.
Insert Floating Topics
(Alt + F)
A Floating Topic is a standalone topic, which doesn’t have any connection with the body of the map structure.
To add a floating topic, you can:
- Press Alt + F, then put the cursor on any location you want to add a floating topic and click the mouse.
- Click Floating Topic button on Home tab and click the mouse on the page.
Insert Multiple Topics
(Ctrl + Shift + M)
If you want to add multiple topics all at once, you can use Multiple Topics option.
- Click Multiple Topics on Home tab or press Ctrl + Shift + M.
- In the pop-up dialogue, type the topics, then press Enter.
- When you finish editing, click OK.
Delete Selected Topic
You can only delete a selected topic and keep its subtopics undeleted.
- Select the target topic.
- Right-click and choose Delete Selected Topic.
- The selected topic will be deleted.
- The reserved subtopics will be promoted up one level.
Delete Selected Topic and all its Subtopics
You can delete a topic with its subtopics.
- Select a topic.
- Right-click and then select Delete.
- The topic and all its subtopics will be deleted.