Edraw Word Viewer Component for MS Word Document
Help Good Reads
Make your application display and interact with MS Word files.
Edraw Word Viewer Component contains a standard ActiveX control that acts as an ActiveX document container for hosting MS Word documents in a custom form or Web page. The control is lightweight and flexible, and gives developers new possibilities for using MS Word in a custom solution.
Word Viewer ActiveX Control is designed to handle specific issues that make using ActiveX documents from a non-top-level host window difficult, and serves as a starting place for constructing your own embedded object file viewer or editor as an ActiveX control.
It can be easily integrated to the modern integrated development environments like Visual C++, Visual Basic, WPF, C# or VB.NET, Access, ASP.NET, Visual FoxPro, Delphi, PowerBuilder, and more.
Online Demo: Edraw Viewer Component for Word Online Demo
1. Supports to embed multiple Word Instances in the different form or the IE tab.
2. Solved the toolbar disable issue when open a Word file instance outside of the component.
3. Solved the word menu flicker in the IE 7 IE8, IE9, IE10 and IE 11.
4. Implemented "exclusive" office feature. If some Word documents get opened outside of the component, the component window and other Word window can avoid interfering with each other.
5. Added the method to disable the view right click menu.
6. Allows to disable the save, print and copy hot key (includes the F12 hot key).
7. Invoked the Word event in the component.
8. Supports to open the docx file in Word 2003 with 2007 compatibility package installed.
9. Supports to open the password and write password protected word document.
10. Added the protect type to allow only revisions or full protection.
11. Added the bookmark and revision operations.
12. Added the method to disable drag and drop function in the MS Word.
13. Fixed bug: the component can't hide MS Word ribbon 2010/2013/2016 64 bit in IE 9.
14. Added the 64 bit component redistribution package to support the pure 64 bit project.
15. Enabled more Word functions and buttons.
16. Avoided to affect other MS Word interface outside of the component when the component disables the current Word window.
17. Added support to hide multiple Word instance on the windows taskbar even when the Windows in Taskbar option is unchecked.
18. Improved the MS Word document open speed. Now the developers can decide whether to close the old document before opening a new document.
19. Added support to disable the MS Word system button: Minimize Box, Maximize Box and Close Button.
20. Fixed the possible screen lock when the users switch to ribbon File menu by shortcuts.
21. Added support to prevent MS Word window from resizing.
22. Added support to replace MS Word text in the header/footer.
23. Fixed the print dialog event.