Simple but effective guideline on how to create UML component diagram quickly.
Definition of UML Component Diagram
UML component diagram is a diagram describes how components are wired together to form larger components or software systems. It is often used to illustrate the pieces of software, embedded controllers and some other parts that make up a system and the structure of a it. The main purpose of UML component diagram is to show the structural relationships between the components of a system.
Steps to Create UML Component Diagram
Below is a step-by-step guide to create UML deployment diagram.
- Start Edraw, click Software, then double click UML model diagram to open a blank drawing page.
- Drag and drop relevant UML symbols from left libraries or click the floating buttons to add automatically.
- Double click the symbols and text the information.
- Drag proper connector from left libraries to connect symbols.
- Browse your computer and choose a location to save your UML component diagram.
Here is the created UML component diagram example for you
Software to Create UML Component Diagram
Edraw UML Diagram Software, gets more popularity among people because of its following handy features.
- A mass of standard UML symbols for dragging and dropping. No requirement of drawing skills.
- Abundant UML templates are offered for free downloading and customizing to meet different demands.
- Inserting resourceful data is supported by adding hyperlinks, note, and attachments.
Usages of UML Component Diagrams
UML component diagram is a special type of UML diagrams which is used to visualize the static implementation view of a system and describe the organization of the components in a system. Software designers and developer usually use it to model the components of a system, database schema, executables of an application and system’s source code.
- To model the hardware topology of a system.
- To model embedded system.
- To model hardware details for a client/server system and a distributed application.
- Forward and reverse engineering.
More UML Diagrams Types
Apart from UML component, you can also use Edraw UML diagram software to create UML deployment diagram, UML activity diagram, UML class diagram, UML use case, UML package diagram, and etc. Edraw is such a powerful software worth downloading.
UML Diagram Examples
How to Create UML Activity Diagram
How to Create UML Deployment Diagram
Steps to Create UML State Chart
Get Started! You Will Love This Easy-To-Use Diagram Software.
Edraw Max is perfect not only for professional-looking flowcharts, organizational charts, mind maps, but also network diagrams, floor plans, workflows, fashion designs, UML diagrams, electrical diagrams, science illustration, charts and graphs... and that is just the beginning!