Diagrams can make your presentation more intuitive. Using the right diagramming software will help save your time and energy. But with so many from which to choose, how do you know which diagramming software is the best?
There are five things you need to consider:
1. Does it have an intuitive interface?
One of the important standards to judge software is its user interface. The whole purpose of user interface design is to enable people to interact with your system by communicating meaning and function. If people can’t figure out how your software works they’ll get confused and frustrated. A good interface is clear and concise, with organized tool bars and clear labeled buttons, very straightforward and easy to use. What’s more, it has to be responsive and consistent, and familiar by users.
2. Is it easy to use and easy to learn?
Some software does have powerful functions, but the difficult operation approach makes you headache. It takes a long time for you to study how to use it. You should ensure that proper resources are available to help you quickly learn the tool. Some of these resources include user manuals, help information, online communities, and support forums. Usually, if it is easy to describe, it is easy to use.
3. Does it have a proven history of stability and success?
Browse the web pages to find reviews from other, or case studies where individuals were successful with the software, or talk to those who have used the software before. Getting perspective from those outside the company in which the software is developed gives you a true indication of the history of stability and success. Software with proven stability and longevity helps with persistent usage, so that no need to change and adapt to another one.
4. Can the graphs be exported to PDF or other image formats?
It would be much convenient if you transfer the graph format to PDF or other image formats. A lot of software provide the function of exporting graphs to other formats with only a single click.
5. Is it integrated with Microsoft Office?
It has to be designed with Microsoft Office integration, so that no need to hassle with the incompatible issues. A lot of users expect that the software works well with Visio, because Visio is commonly used by people, and sometimes you need to open a Visio file with your software and work on it.
Why choose Edraw Max
- Use the diagramming software that best maps to what you know and where you’re headed.
- Fully vector-based graphic software, which facilitates the rapid creation of flowcharts, organizational charts, network diagrams and more.
- Just drag the build-in shapes from the library pane and drop them on your page. Drawing couldn’t be easier!
- Create professional-looking diagrams quickly with themes, effects and quick styles.
- Gain greater productivity in diagramming with features like automatically aligns and arranges all shapes.
- Includes lots of high-quality shapes, examples and templates.
- Distinct colors, fonts, shapes, styles, pictures, text, and symbols are available for each diagram object.
- Easily visualize complex information with a wide range of diagrams. Make those diagrams even smarter and more useful by linking them to underlying data, which provides a more complete picture of the system or process.
- Works with MS Office well. It can be integrated with Microsoft Office application easily. The UI is MS Office-style like, it’s easy to learn and use. If you are familiar with MS Office, you are familiar with Edraw quickly.
- Generics graphic formats support and WYSIWYG printing.