Manage Network Information - Perfect Network Diagramming Software with Information Management
Perfect Network Diagramming Software with Information Management. Edraw offers more than network diagramming; it's also a way to manage vital network information.
Network Information Management
Edraw offers more than network diagramming; it's also a
way to manage vital network information. Using custom properties; (custom
property: Information about shapes in your drawings. Some network diagram shapes
come with custom properties already defined. You can edit or delete existing
custom properties or create new ones.), each shape can store
information about the network device it represents. For example, a
PC shape can store the PC's IP address.
The shapes that are included in the network diagram templates have many custom property fields, including part number, product
description and network name. Managing your network information is as simple as
entering your data into the custom properties.
Free Download Network Diagram Software and View
How to Manage the Network Information
- Right-click a shape, and then click
Properties on the shortcut menu.
- In the Custom Properties window,
select a custom property, and then enter the data for the shape.
To move to the next property in the list, press the
It's easy to add hyperlinks to the shapes and pages in your diagrams. The
hyperlinks can go to:
- Another page in the same Edraw drawing.
- A page or shape in another Edraw drawing.
- A document other than a Edraw drawing.
- A Web site.
For network design and documentation, linking a shape or page in one Edraw
drawing to a shape or page in another Edraw drawing is an ideal way to reduce
- Make sure that both the file you're linking from
and the file you're linking to have been saved.
- If you're creating a link to a specific shape, make a note of the shape ID and the name of the page that the shape is on.
- To find a shape ID, click the shape to select it, and then the shape ID will appear on the statute bar at bottom of
- To find the page name, locate the tab for the
page at the bottom of the drawing window.
- Select the shape to add a hyperlink.
- On the Insert menu, click
- In the Address box, click
Browse, and navigate to the file you want, and then click
If you don't see the file you want, try changing the
Files of type list.
- To link to a specific page or a specific shape on a
page, or to choose a zoom level, click Browse next to
- Do any of the followings:
- To link to a specific page, select the page
name in the Page box.
- To link to a specific shape, first select
the page name on which the shape appears in the Page
box, and then type the ID of the shape in the Shape
- To specify a zoom level, type a percentage
in the Zoom box, or click the arrow to select a
Note: You can use the zoom level to
show more or less detail of the drawing. Use a low number to show
more detail of a smaller area of the drawing or a high number to
show less detail of a larger area of the drawing.
- Click OK.
- In the Description box, type a
name for the link. This text will appear when the pointer rests over the
link in the drawing.
- To create a Web link, type the web address in
- To add another hyperlink to the page or selected
shape, click New, and then repeat steps 5 to 8.
- Click OK.
Free Download Network Diagram Tool and View All